New filter on every change for VW 2.0t FSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a bit concerned about fuel dilution issues in my 2006 VW GTI with the 2.0T FSI engine. I have 26k on it since June 06 (40 mile hwy commute each way) and fortunately I did not follow the recommended 10k OCI. I have been doing it myself at 5k with a VW 502 oil and OEM filter. I have always kept my vehicles past 200k miles, so I was thinking about reducing my OCI to 2500 miles (VW 502 oil) and changing the $15 filter every 5k. I would appreciate any constructive comments beyond "change the filter, its cheap insurance". Yes, I am considering having Terry do an UOA as well.
Thanks!

Wait for the UOA. Your really swapping out the oil and filter way too soon given your usage. Under that length of service ...I'd expect any oil to hold up if of the appropriate weight ...502.x or not.

At 2,500 miles....you will be changing that oil quite often. I truly believe that you do need to run a UOA around 5K and send off to Terry. He will tell you if problems exist. Any modern oil today can easily go 5K with a sound engine.

On a different note, I truly believe that a oil filter can do a 10K run....and just draining the sump at 5K for fresh oil would be the most cost and reasonable OCI one can do now a day's.

I would like you to consider "with Terrys blessing" 5K OCI's leaving the filter in for 10K...this would be a wise use of your time and money!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back