Jeep recalls over 32,000 of 2021-2023 Wrangler 4xe vehicles due to fire risk

As I've said before, over the past 5-10 years, there are more manufacturers WITH this type of recall than without.

~1% catch fire, 100% get recalled.

As I've said before, over the past 5-10 years, there are more manufacturers WITH this type of recall than without.

Better safe than sorry, even more so with a full EV where putting out a fire can be a real nightmare.

1% is a huge failure rate! 1,000ppm? 10ppm is a pretty big deal…

1% for a trim piece failing off, or a radio dying, ok big deal. Catching fire though?

Apparently my 2021 Sahara 4xe is not included; it is not showing on the NHTSA website or on either my Jeep app or owners website.
When I was looking for a used JLU 4xe I noticed that some had a CarFax that showed multiple dealer visits for issues -or worse- a lemon buyback while others showed only scheduled service visits. The Sahara I wound up with had just come off a two year lease and had only seen the dealer for a couple of oil changes and a coolant change. Better yet, I knew that the servicing dealer was a good one.
Just to be safe I did buy the 8/75 Mopar MaxCare warranty, but since I do plan to keep it for at least that long I consider it money well spent.

Back