Never Prefill oil filters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading this thread......
1) We need a BITOG approved "Automotive Fluid Foil Seal Piercing and Removal Tool".
2) ANY foil seal on a fluid needs to have its weight embossed on it so after it is removed it can be weighed so the installer can be assured no foil bits were introduced.
SERIOUSLY: I've always noticed that every time I've seen other peoples' in-use bottle of something the foil was ALWAYS carelessly just crushed aside with no thought of peeling it off completely.

Knock knock knock…smooth when oil pressure holds up the parts spinning in the plain bearing journals.

I changed oil and filter on a 2021 Honda Passport over the weekend and elected to not prefill the oil filter. I fired the engine up afterwards and it ran just like normal without any issues or anything else that I could notice that might be of concern. It has run just fine ever since.

I changed oil and filter on a 2021 Honda Passport over the weekend and elected to not prefill the oil filter. I fired the engine up afterwards and it ran just like normal without any issues or anything else that I could notice that might be of concern. It has run just fine ever since.
Some forget that so many cars are designed where the filter can not be filled prior to installation. So this pre-fill of the filters can not be critical. Many of us have never pre filled a filter in all our lives.

Pre-filing filter is a black magic that has no scientific proof of helping anything. Filter instructions do not say to pre-fill, they would spell it out if it was indeed necessary.

Even a filter that is mounted upside down can be " prefilled " . Pour enough oil in and allow it to soak into the media . Not advocating it , just saying it can be done . Prefill or don't . There's no right or wrong method . Arguing about it is silly and pointless .

How many Pentastars are out there? Roughly... Six million I think? None of them have anti-drain valves and every one clatters and clangs on cold start for the first 2-3 seconds. They aren't dying prematurely, this is just not important.

^^^ Guess it's time to shutdown BITOG ... 😂
It doesn’t have to shut down, imagine the withdrawal symptoms. No more than other such sites. Honestly, having decided on the Ultra, why do people keep talking about oil filters? Beyond that, why do people who already decided on them, defend the Ultra like it is their newborn child? Why do they get upset when others come and say they don’t want to use the Ultra?

It doesn’t have to shut down, imagine the withdrawal symptoms. No more than other such sites. Honestly, having decided on the Ultra, why do people keep talking about oil filters? Beyond that, why do people who already decided on them, defend the Ultra like it is their newborn child? Why do they get upset when others come and say they don’t want to use the Ultra?
Guess you don't get sarcasm, and sounds like you're upset about these discussions. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back