Need Shocks

2013 Fiesta Hatch SE 5 Speed. 80,000 miles. That's not a lot of miles. Front struts are good. Looking for a brand that lasts longer than OEM. Not looking for anything stiffer. That beam torsion rear suspension is way too stiff. Feels like driving a TR3 on a rough road.

If you want a more comfortable ride, I'd say go with Monroe for new rear shocks. It's a name brand (better quality than the Chinese no names), and probably won't give a harsh, stiff ride.

LOL It's a harsh stiff ride even with worn out shocks. I assume they are worn out as I can push the body down, release and the rear just goes up and down too many times.

If you want a stiff bone jarring ride go with KYB. Otherwise just about anything else would be better.

I will settle for the stock stiff ride. Don't want softer if that has negative effect on handling. If KYB's are even stiffer than stock that's a no deal. KYB's do last. Got 600,000 on KYB struts on my Datsun.

Monroe and Gabriel are marginally better than Chinese brands. KYBs are a good value and not all that stiff. The euro brands, Bilstein, Koni, Sachs, Boge are very good quality and pricey. I've used all of them, get the KYBs.

BTW, the Borgward cars were really interesting and making a comeback albeit Chinese not German.
1686785540793.jpg

courtesy Hemmings

LOL It's a harsh stiff ride even with worn out shocks. I assume they are worn out as I can push the body down, release and the rear just goes up and down too many times.
You gotta watch that because worn shocks will cause your tires to bounce up and down real fast like a basketball. I trashed a pair of new tires before I found that out.

KYB Gas-Adjust = less forgiving valving/stiff

KYB Excel-G = more forgiving valving/less stiff

Sachs valved close to OEM/Excel-G, good shocks.

Monroe & Gabriel = The Yugo of shocks......JUNK. There is a very high chance both these will last less then OEM. I ate a couple sets of both years ago trying to save money for my cheaper customers and got burned. I have great disdain for those two brands.

You may be better off goggling "online discount online OEM Ford parts" and getting OEM shocks.

2013 Fiesta Hatch SE 5 Speed. 80,000 miles. That's not a lot of miles. Front struts are good. Looking for a brand that lasts longer than OEM. Not looking for anything stiffer. That beam torsion rear suspension is way too stiff. Feels like driving a TR3 on a rough road.
bilstein or rancho is they are made for your fiesta

Good call. Sachs shocks I’ve had on Volvos have all been extremely long lived and ride very nicely.

Back