Need help with Generac 070185E

Maybe an M20-1.5 thread pitch filter? Those three are 3/4-16 and 13/16-16. M20-1.5 is the other "common" size afaik.

When all else fails, get the OEM filter’s measurements. Can OD. Gasket OD and ID.
I had the same issue with an oil filter for my new Yamaha powered zero turn. I measured the OEM filter and the FRAM 4967 turned out to be the correct filter.

When all else fails, get the OEM filter’s measurements. Can OD. Gasket OD and ID.
I had the same issue with an oil filter for my new Yamaha powered zero turn. I measured the OEM filter and the FRAM 4967 turned out to be the correct filter.
All the filters I have tried are the right size physically, they just won't thread on. Everything I can find is that Generac filters are all 3/4-16.

The fram cross lists the 4386.

And that Fram crosses to the filters I tried.

And that Fram crosses to the filters I tried.

Sorry, that's everything I could find, I could not find that actual specs for the general filter.

I wonder if a local shop would let you pick through their used filters and see if you find one that would fit?

I don't know if a 3614 or 3600 would fit, thats what i run on my 21hp kawasaki zero turn.

Sorry, that's everything I could find, I could not find that actual specs for the general filter.

I wonder if a local shop would let you pick through their used filters and see if you find one that would fit?

I don't know if a 3614 or 3600 would fit, thats what i run on my 21hp kawasaki zero turn.
I have a 3600 at the house I may try. I think I still have a couple of 3675 left over from the Porsche somewhere as well.

Honestly though, after trying three different filters I can only assume that my generator is a special snowflake.

I have a 3600 at the house I may try. I think I still have a couple of 3675 left over from the Porsche somewhere as well.

Honestly though, after trying three different filters I can only assume that my generator is a special snowflake.
Do they thread on and bottom out before contacting the gasket? or not even thread on?

Can you check your existing filter with a thread gauge?

Do they thread on and bottom out before contacting the gasket? or not even thread on?

Can you check your existing filter with a thread gauge?
I get maybe a half turn before they stop.

I may have a thread gauge in the bottom of a drawer somewhere.

I get maybe a half turn before they stop.

I may have a thread gauge in the bottom of a drawer somewhere.
Wrong threads on one side or the other. Anyone ever mess with the filter nipple on the equipment side?

Back