Hastings LF655 C&P

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
This one is probably 7 years old or so. The silicone adbv moved it up market to me. I cut a Baldwin version that was a new fresh one. B7491.

Not fancy but solid and I can't believe the Baldwin version will be my Maverick hybrid choice for a few reasons. I wasn't a great fan for one.
The Silicone adbv took it out of the short run type of filters. The bypass valve seals off well and can not be forced off center like the K&N Silver featured earlier here. It is very robust and well guided and has no play in it.
The can is a few thousands thicker than most and excess glue residue is not a big issue here and the latest Baldwin had none.
This Hastings clone had tighter louvers but the Balwin are now bigger for better flow in the B7491.

Both the Hastings and Baldwin had a perfectly round can where the last Frams and K&N and others were out of round. Is that an issue...probably not but you don't get any wobble with these in a filter cutter. Just one more thing in their favor. The coil spring has no sharp edges and is very robust.
1000001931.jpg
1000001932.jpg
1000001933.jpg
1000001934.jpg

With Zoro your talking a bit over $5 each using the cart 20% discount and shipping is free after $50...

I wonder what the Beta values are? You might reach out to them and ask.

Many years ago, I inquired about the Baldwin/Hastings fuel filter for a 6.6L Dmax, so I emailed them. They sent me back a full ISO test report; the efficiency for that fuel filter was impressive. My point being that they may share the actual test data with you.

Not the number you mentioned but I have a Baldwin on my CTD currently. They are a very robust filter that I have ran over the years. No complaints.

I wonder what the Beta values are? You might reach out to them and ask.

Many years ago, I inquired about the Baldwin/Hastings fuel filter for a 6.6L Dmax, so I emailed them. They sent me back a full ISO test report; the efficiency for that fuel filter was impressive. My point being that they may share the actual test data with you.
Earlier this year I did see some PDF files from Baldwin on their website. It wasn't a wire backed Ultra from the past but at this point it was better than average and the basic Donaldson lower tier filters weren't as good $ to $.
That came up in an earlier thread.

At this point anything average is stellar unfortunately 😕
Maybe @ZeeOSix will dig into it as that is his love ❤️ I don't think he will be overwhelmed but maybe find them acceptable at least. Thanks!

Hastings is gone now, yes?
Sad, as it was my favorite. My first Hastings application (a 115 for a Toyota 22R engine) had a big nut on the end.

^^^
1708539818281.jpg

Nominal means: 50% @ 9.8u
Absolute means: 98.7% @ 27u

It's basically a 99% @ 30u filter.

Can just consider Absolute efficiency as rounded to 99% for simplicity.

Back