Need cross number for 492932 ( riding mower oil filter )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by MetalSlug
The Wal-mart brand Super Tech 3614 works fine on most lawn
equipment. Current ones are made by Champ labs, IIRC. $3
That would be my pick . If they don't have the motorcraft......
Well hopefully the FL 910S is in stock. As opposed to ST combo valve and nitrile adbv, for an extra buck you get a separate bypass and silicone adbv. For a mower perhaps not huge deal, but worth that imo.

I am currently using the FL-400S on my mower, but was planning on going to the FL-910S (or similar size equivalent) once I run out. The only reason is the 400S is a little longer, and bumps the plastic cowl on my mower. Works great though. Just do a RockAuto search for a 2017 Ford Focus 2.0 oil filter to find all the FL-910S equivalents. As mentioned above, there is a great deal on the CHAMPION FILTER COS3614 for .79 cents right now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Eddie
I got an OEM B&S filter from Walmart website. The OEM was $7.99 at the time which was 50 cents more than some clone that just happen to screw on. I don't believe in messing around with my engines oil filter that is supposed to protect my engine running at 3,600 rpm for a full 50 + hours.

I think it's silly go think you need to go OEM on a mower. I've tore open OEM filters, and compared them with mainstream auto filters. The mainstream auto filters always have (by far) the most filtering media, and many very inexpentive filters include silicone anti-drainback valves. This is a clear case where you get more for less money by using non-OEM.

These small engine manufactures certainly know this as well. In comparison to cars, there is a much smaller market for small engine filters, and therefore not much competition for lower price alternative non-OEM filters. It's the whole reason John Deere now sells an oil filter that includes the oil. Now they get you for $40 bucks every year you go to change the oil, while only allowing you to drain half the oil from the crankcase. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnhFMsBR-b0

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Keep in mind that you may not have the room for a 3614. My Husqvarna doesn't.

i think im on the same boat, my Husqvarna having not much room left behind it, before it bumps the plastic cowl

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

Originally Posted by MasterSolenoid
I admit it, I save a buck when I can.

Instead of spending $10. for the B&S Filter or $6. if you shop around.
I bought the ST 3614 for $2.
[Linked Image]

is that how new ST oil filter are now ? no metal end cap ?

Yep, looks like unless you want to mess with some type of cowl modification, stuck with the shorty Briggs or equivalent. I wouldn't want to mess with it. So roofless' shop around advice looks best here.

And yes, STs are now back Champ Labs made, being lowest tier many/most are ecore construction including the 3614 shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back