Mower to bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would conclude this thread. I wound up with a Honda HRR216 VYA from my buddy. He bought it new a couple years ago when they updated the mowers to the current style with out a plug for mulching. Used it a year and half. Moved out the country and bought a riding mower. Got the blades sharpened. Yesterday and will be doing an oil change tonight with 10w-30 delo. Did one cut with it yesterday. I'm one happy guy. Got done so much quicker and with a good looking lawn

Originally Posted By: JTK
I believe the "new" Ariens 21" mowers are built by the Husqvarna Group. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it's just not the same Ariens you might be used to.

Like said above, a Toro Super Recycler is a fine bagger, with the Snapper Hi-Vac being even better. Hondas are decent baggers as well.

I'd rather have a root canal than bag. Mulching or side discharge all the way for me. Best readily available, and reasonably priced mulcher is a Toro Super Recycler (HAS to say "Super").

My Toro Super Recycler was a horrible bagger. Wouldn't hardly inflate the grass bag with air only. Tried OEM Toro blades and Gator blades. Not even in the same league as the Snapper Hi Vac. Especially when you bolt the air lift kit (wings) to the Snapper blade. Will suck coins off your garage floor. Leaves and grass no problem 6" away from the deck. Hands down Snapper Hi Vac for bagging.

Every other mower be it Honda, Husky, Ariens, Toro or insert the name here, not even close to a Hi Vac Snapper.

slomo

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: panther427
Any thoughts on Ariens Razor lawn mowers. They seem to be a good option also.

Not an option compared to a Snapper Hi Vac.

slomo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back