Just purchased an EGO mower, any experience?

Does not bode well for me in the future it seems--last few (gas) mowers were free. I have 2ish acres to mow, at least an hour with a 50” deck?

Maybe by the time this mower gives up, replacement batteries won’t be too bad in cost. Would be nice to mow sans earplugs.

My Ryobi was less than 300 and came with a 6 AH battery. Been going good for three years. I never use self propel the whole time but was out of state for work and my wife did, found out it died with about 20% lawn remaining. No problem, she threw on the 4AH from the trimmer and finished it up. I will probably buy another battery at the steep cost of 200 bucks soon. The mower can take two. All of my OPE is ryobi

Holy cow, the SOP for managing batteries some of you go through sounds more complicated than launching a space shuttle. You have to be willing to change to use one successfully. Hmm, sounds like driving an EV.

Most of the BITOG Luddites are at the age that if you buy a new gas mower now before they're outlawed by the time it wears out you won't be worried about mowing a lawn with batteries or gas.

Holy cow, the SOP for managing batteries some of you go through sounds more complicated than launching a space shuttle. You have to be willing to change to use one successfully. Hmm, sounds like driving an EV.

Most of the BITOG Luddites are at the age that if you buy a new gas mower now before they're outlawed by the time it wears out you won't be worried about mowing a lawn with batteries or gas.
That may help the batteries, I don’t do any of that. I’m in south Florida and the garage gets blazing hot.. I just put it on the charger and don’t think about it. Seems to work fine for my yard.

The electric mowers have their limitations, but they aren’t nearly as much trouble as some think. For me they work great, quiet, zero upkeep. Gas works great and lasts nearly forever, still the best choice for many.. I’m sure with buying a new battery this year I’ve spent more than a gas mower but I like the tech and all the other tools my batteries take.

I didn’t buy the stuff over any environmental agenda, simply think it’s nice.

Storing lithium batteries in a cooler location, in summertime , and at middle states of charge when not in use, is hardly an onerous duty, or even necessary.

But it is a simple, no brainer way to insure that this very imperfect battery technology does not degrade prematurely due to avoidable circumstances.

I don't need the full available capacity of my batteries at this point, so I make a tiny effort to not fully discharge, nor fully charge them. The former being easier than the latter.
So far.

Back