Motor Trend: California Adds Illegal ECM Tuning to Smog-Test Checklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if there are passengers in the vehicle? Any back seat passenger may become a potentially lethal projectile to the driver or front seat passenger. The driver could be catapulted sideways or even backwards with lethal consequences.
Yes, and by the logic of "its my private property so the government shouldn't be involved" that scenario is a consequence of my personal choice and risk. It doesn't involve anybody else on the roads. Plus, in any accident, the driver can lose control, making the vehicle itself a projectile. So based on this alone we can't use the "big bad government can't tell me what to in the private space of my car" arguments. In other words, I agree with the seat belt laws and understand why this will pass too. These are public roads and driving on them is a privilege not a right.

Interestingly enough - there are many times when a properly performance tuned vehicle will actually be more efficient and have no adverse tailpipe emissions and, in a few cases, I have actually seen BETTER tailpipe admissions with a solid tune. I hope this stays in California but we all know it will eventually trickle to other states.

Political commentary. BTW using "commie" show one isn't here to discuss rather rant about politics and California government.

Thanks to the very few who tried to discuss this topic within the rules we all agreed to follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back