P0121 TPS pending code and losing 12V low reference ground to ECM. lntermittent high ldle and late shift issue.

Yeah, Talked to LKQ. He didn't know nothing, then he said he would have never said their PCM was plug & play, lest key on 10 min. three times anti-theft reset.
Well, he did, but anyways,
Yes, Says PK3 stamped right in my key. You do the relean according to the last set on instructions in the PDF.
ahh so it is the master key, re-read that dorman pdf you posted. I can see how it was a master key and PK3 is the 3rd generation of the immobilzer.
I've had about enough of this job, I hope this dang PCM fix's it.
I've learned a few things, but I've had enough fun with this thing.
I want to move on to the ABS light.
lol.. yup I think it's worn out your patience, no problem. Bang your head on a wall for long enough then you wonder how dumb it is doing that! I think that this new company is telling the truth, I liked how on their site they went into great detail explaining how other ecm companies out there claim "plug and play".. they're right, no THESE ECM'S ARE NOT PLUG N PLAY! they do require registering the VIN, for starters! And I like how this new company explained all the re-learning it might need to do and they included the instructions! AND.. if you run into a problem for the customer to call their shop! Come on, that's excellent! So yeah I think this time, this ecm will work..

Hey if you have the ABS light issue that should throw a CEL code, see what it is.. but I would say start a new post for that.. :cool: It might be just something simple like a wire frayed at an ABS sensor, or even just a dead sensor at the wheel.. but the code would help ya..

Luckily you'll get this before turkey day! There's something to be thankful for this year! a working ECM! yup.. we're definitely car guys! lol..

Hey if you have the ABS light issue that should throw a CEL code, see what it is.. but I would say start a new post for that.. :cool: It might be just something simple like a wire frayed at an ABS sensor, or even just a dead sensor at the wheel.. but the code would help ya..
Yeah, I'll be able to fix that. I already have 2 hubs on the shelf.
LF is ever so slightly making noise.
You can check those with a multi meter pretty good too. Wish I had a nice Lab scope though. For S & G's too.
Wheel hub should produce an A/C wave I think.
Luckily you'll get this before turkey day! There's something to be thankful for this year! a working ECM! yup.. we're definitely car guys! lol..
I have lots to be thankful for already!
I think that this new company is telling the truth, I liked how on their site they went into great detail explaining how other ecm companies out there claim "plug and play".. they're right, no THESE ECM'S ARE NOT PLUG N PLAY! they do require registering the VIN, for starters! And I like how this new company explained all the re-learning it might need to do and they included the instructions! AND.. if you run into a problem for the customer to call their shop! Come on, that's excellent! So yeah I think this time, this ecm will work..
I Know Right! Heck for $75.00 plug/play one year replacement, you can't beat it! He was cool on the phone too!

I'd pay $100.00 for it to them for service, instead of $75.00 to another company without service!

Yeah, I'll be able to fix that. I already have 2 hubs on the shelf.
LF is ever so slightly making noise.
You can check those with a multi meter pretty good too. Wish I had a nice Lab scope though. For S & G's too.
Wheel hub should produce an A/C wave I think.

I have lots to be thankful for already!

I Know Right! Heck for $75.00 plug/play one year replacement, you can't beat it! He was cool on the phone too!

I'd pay $100.00 for it to them for service, instead of $75.00 to another company without service!
awesome, you just have to have time to fix the abs.. cool.

ahh you talked to the new company, even better! can't wait to see how the new ecm works for ya! always exciting to find out how a new part will work, especially an ecm! .. I just had the same thing happen when I installed the new ecu into the civic recently. Power returned, fuel economy looks like it shot up, have to see when I fill up. but it's a satisfying feeling to DIY and nail the repair.

hey don't let them know you'd pay more!! lol but I hear ya that the service is well worth the price. And glad to hear that you have lots to be thankful for. (y)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh, I'm sorry, l must of missed it, you put the ECM ln the Honda that recently then?

Yeah, his name is Max. I guess it was the owner.
He was a nice guy, quiet in a way, but still able to install confidence in his product.
Oh and plus, he emailed me right away and said, hey, l got U'r VIN and address and $$$$$ l'll program and ship Monday! l told him "he was all over it"! :LOL:

Good to know about the MPG increase!
My mileage in awful for that little 3.1.
I sure hope mine improves.

Time? I have nothing but,

I know I want to get some kind of top engine cleaner or maybe even water try to blast those valves and tops of the Pistons clean a little bit too so possibly if it is detonating at all and I don't hear it because the computer is retarding the timing this way it will possibly allow a little more advanced too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Oh, I'm sorry, l must of missed it, you put the ECM ln the Honda that recently then?

Yeah, his name is Max. I guess it was the owner.
He was a nice guy, quiet in a way, but still able to install confidence in his product.

Good to know about the MPG increase!
My mileage in awful for that little 3.1.
I sure hope mine improves.

Time? I have nothing but,
ya I was helping focus on yours forgot to tell you all the details.. I'll pm you with more, but I was losing power, fuel economy took a huge hit too.

Yup I agree it's the quiet ones that are confident and know what they're doing. The ones who keep talking about how good their product is, those are the ones that are suspect!

I bet the fuel economy would improve.. there's a website named Fuelly.com where people post their fuel economy results. Take a look at it for yours I bet you'll see the averages.

lol about having nothing but time.. I meant winter is coming, that sort of time!
I know I want to get some kind of top engine cleaner or maybe even water try to blast those valves and tops of the Pistons clean a little bit too so possibly if it is detonating at all and I don't hear it because the computer is retarding the timing this way it will possibly allow a little more advanced too.
well if the computer is pulling timing you can bet it's not firing the combustion process enough. That alone would lead to inefficient combustion, deposits! There is one fuel system cleaner that would get to the valves, combustion chamber, piston tops.. only one I've seen work perfectly.. BG Products 44k fuel cleaner. You get the gas tank level down to about 1/4 or less, pour the entire 44k can into the tank, fill up.. It helps to mix the fuel cleaner in with the gas. Run that and that will clean it. I recently put my inspection camera into the civic and I could actually read the stampings on the top of the piston heads! talk about clean!

Yeah, well I do have to work outside too. I have a garage here, but it's full of tools and equipment.
I'm going to have to get some of that BG 44K fuel system cleaner.
IDK if the computer is pulling the timing or not for sure, I didn't see it on the scanner or anything, it's just a theory.

Yeah, well I do have to work outside too. I have a garage here, but it's full of tools and equipment.
I'm going to have to get some of that BG 44K fuel system cleaner.
IDK if the computer is pulling the timing or not for sure, I didn't see it on the scanner or anything, it's just a theory.

It's cool theories are good.. sometimes that's all we have trying to find what's going on. just a feeling. I was thinking about the pulling timing. And then I remembered my research, the fail safes the ecm's do usually go towards running rich instead of lean, the usually advance the timing to make sure the engine keeps running. I'm betting that's what happened with your computer, carbon build up might be from that.

The 44k fuel cleaner is awesome. At first you don't notice anything.. then about at 2/3 tank to 1/2 tank the idle is a little off. By a 1/4 tank it's running smoothly and then you fill up the tank again.. Then it starts to show how it cleaned it up. It's subtle but then bam! You notice, wow this is running great. I think it takes time to burn the deposits off then you notice the difference. The effects last about 15k-20k miles. not bad for $20 (might be more now, like everything else) a can..

yup I see that all the time people storing in the garage stuff instead of the car.. where else ya gonna store that stuff? can't do it outside.. i hear ya.

Back