Most reliable 10 year-old car that isn’t a Toyota or Honda?

I know some people won't want want to hear it or believe it, but the Malibu has been rock solid with the 2.0 turbo. We are just shy of 100,000 miles. I have only had the one broken exhaust manifold bolt and can't seem to find anyone else who has had the problem.
I have done a set brakes, oil changes and plugs at 60,000 miles. Other than a coolant change, and few transmission spill and fills, which are super easy we just drive it.

I agree 100% (with this generation Sonata). Which engine? Bought my '10 sonata 2.4 new, switched to Mobile 1 Purolator filter @ ~ 60 k, 6 k oil change interval, don't beat the car at all, currently at 367 k, runs really good. Never touched the trans fluid, certainly not going to now. Replaced radiator, thermostat housing, rear bearings.
Mine is the 2.4L as well. Certainly not a quick car but it’s got a nice predictable powerband. Comfortable and nice driver.

Yeah I’ll throw Volvo on the list. Had three and loved them all. The learning curve for DIY took some patience but after I began understanding them it became second nature. If you have to use a dealer, the maintenance can be steeper when you need to take it in. They can rack of some miles if you don’t get behind on maintenance. And they are no penalty box at all

If you replace the water pump right off the bat, Taurus, Edge, Flex. Aside from the water pump, the NA cyclone is bulletproof.

Back