Model 3 Ludicrous latest rumors...

We’re not going to do this again. Every braking unit has its threshold and if the 911 had the same brakes as the GT3 you might have a point. That will definitely depend on how long the session is. I also question the decisions of Tesla and there’s been a history of under braked performance cars over the years. I’ve owned a couple. At the end of the day you’re still comparing a sports car to a relatively normal sedan with a buttload of power.

I do want to add that I don’t think there’s a single Porsche that is underbraked for its intended purpose. The only difference is its intended purpose. I can’t say that for Tesla because I don’t know what their intended purpose actually is outside of range.
I don’t think this is very complicated discussion. The forward going performance of Plaid is in super car category. Brakes are, well, value option on Rock Auto.
Putting Porsche a d Tesla in same sentence performance wise is misunderstanding what performance car is. It is FAR from just 0-60mph, which is pretty much only performance aspect that Tesla is interested in.

Have you driven a Plaid? For those who have not, there really is only one way to describe it, amazing.

Many years ago, I drove a Mclaren M6b, which is an all out CanAm racecar. Built from aluminum sheet metal, with a rip roaring Chevy V8 behind ya. Never did any track time with it, but did drive it around the empty industrial park and back roads. Holy mother of God that thing was fast and to this day, remains the most fun car I've ever driven, 1650 pounds and 650HP. I swear, the Plaid is probably faster.

I'm not sure a heavy EV can be as lively and fun as a true lightweight racecar on slicks, but Tesla sure tries hard to match the rip-roaring performance of a true racecar with their everyday sedans. That's flat out amazing, still. Yet the press and others will excoriate Elon if he's 1 or 2 tenth's of a second off his claims, while completely missing the larger point. The performance is STUNNING.
The noise and vibration from a gas engine is a treat in it self.

Porsche is double the cost, 2/3rds' the weight and designed to be track driven. The Model S is a family sedan.
I am talking Plaid in relation to this new performance model it is coming. If it has same chepo brakes, it is just performance in attempt.

I don’t think this is very complicated discussion. The forward going performance of Plaid is in super car category. Brakes are, well, value option on Rock Auto.
Putting Porsche a d Tesla in same sentence performance wise is misunderstanding what performance car is. It is FAR from just 0-60mph, which is pretty much only performance aspect that Tesla is interested in.
That’s not the part I disagreed with. You’re 100% right there. They’re fine for a daily but don’t like being pushed. It should have more brake.

I am talking Plaid in relation to this new performance model it is coming. If it has same chepo brakes, it is just performance in attempt.
I don’t think we actually know what it has yet unless I missed that detail but past performance shows that it’s likely the case. It’s also a lot lighter than the Model S and I don’t recall the 4k lb Model 3s having issues previously, but I own the base car and don’t drive it that hard often. It’s not the car I get into when I’m in the mood to push it.

Release soon. 2.9 0-60; upgraded suspension and brakes. Sits low... Hate the wheels. Sheesh.
This is the Malibu showroom, I believe.
1712013941725.jpg

1712013984250.jpg

1712014006286.jpg

Last edited:
Kinda like the scam lawyers who promise to get your money back after you’ve already been scammed by the scammers.

Teslas appear to offer really good acceleration but then fall down in other areas like braking and handling.
There can be no doubt that any number of real performance cars would leave any Tesla for dead on any road course.
Acceleration is easily achieved with any EV. The ability to lap the 'ring fast eludes any current offering.
Not to say they aren't good daily driver commuters and grocery getters, they are.
But beyond a single quarter or maybe two, they're one trick ponies.

Last edited:
Teslas appear to offer really good acceleration but then fall down in other areas like braking and handling.
There can be no doubt that any number of real performance cars would leave any Tesla for dead on any road course.
Acceleration is easily achieved with any EV. The ability to lap the 'ring fast eludes any current offering.
Not to say they aren't good daily driver commuters and grocery getters, they are.
Not so sure...
The Tesla Model S Plaid with the Track Pack has an official lap time of 7:25.231 seconds around the Nürburgring Nordschleife, which is faster than its own previous record of 7:30.909 seconds set in 2021. The Track Pack is available on the Tesla Shop and upgrades the car's software and components. The Model S Plaid reaches speeds of 179 mph during the 12.9-mile lap.

A slightly upgraded Model 3 Performance that ran a 7:44 in the Nürburgring.

Porsche has been testing the new, unreleased, quickest-ever Taycan at the Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany, where it has just set a lap time of 7:07.55. That’s a massive 26 seconds quicker than Porsche could manage in a Taycan Turbo S back in the summer of 2022.

Do you know how much the Taycan Turbo GT will cost? Quarter mil? More? $300K?
Let's see how the Ludicrous performs...

Handling is excellent because of where all the weight is and the overly stiff suspension everyone complains about. It is a bit heavier than the equivalent car so that is a detractor. The brakes on the other hand... I don't track my car so I haven't found the limit of them yet. I do not have the fast one though.

Not so sure...
The Tesla Model S Plaid with the Track Pack has an official lap time of 7:25.231 seconds around the Nürburgring Nordschleife, which is faster than its own previous record of 7:30.909 seconds set in 2021. The Track Pack is available on the Tesla Shop and upgrades the car's software and components. The Model S Plaid reaches speeds of 179 mph during the 12.9-mile lap.

A slightly upgraded Model 3 Performance that ran a 7:44 in the Nürburgring.

Porsche has been testing the new, unreleased, quickest-ever Taycan at the Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany, where it has just set a lap time of 7:07.55. That’s a massive 26 seconds quicker than Porsche could manage in a Taycan Turbo S back in the summer of 2022.

Do you know how much the Taycan Turbo GT will cost? Quarter mil? More? $300K?
Let's see how the Ludicrous performs...

You need to do more research. The plaid is not even in the top 10, lots of Porsche cars cleans its clock and no surprise, Porsche knows how to build fast cars and have done for more than 70 years.

You need to do more research. The plaid is not even in the top 10, lots of Porsche cars cleans its clock and no surprise, Porsche knows how to build fast cars and have done for more than 70 years.

We're talking supercars and basically race cars here. That's a bit different. There aren't many 4 doors ahead of it, let alone EV. Sure looks like it's #3 for EVs and it's essentially a family sedan. I'm not sure what records he's referring to but low production hypercars better beat it.

I have to say I was surprised to see how high the GTI Clubsport is in FWD times. I didn't know that.

From the article.

By fitting the venerable Model S with a set of carbon-silicon brakes, Goodyear Supercar 3R tyres and lightweight alloy wheels, Tesla trimmed some 10sec off its record. The Track Pack makes the Model S Plaid the fastest electric production car to lap the ‘Ring, around 8sec faster than the Porsche Taycan Turbo S.

Pretty sure fastest EV production car around the Nurburgring is a record.

Having owned a (modified to 405RWHP) S2000, I'm going to say that is just not so. The S2000, despite it's lofty cult status, was a true let-down. It had Civic brakes, a Miata transmission and differential, and an engine that has zero pull. In stock form, a V6 minivan was faster, every single time. Fun? To some extent. Competent? Not by comparison to real sports cars.

I sold it because it really was not anywhere near a great car.

MaKGi0o.jpg
Because you had the ap2

No, those are all out tuners prepared just for the track. Look, the mighty Porsche had to pull out all their legendary tricks to build the Taycan Turbo GT to beat the Model S Plaid Track Pack, which includes a set of carbon-silicon brakes, Goodyear Supercar 3R rubber and lightweight alloy wheels. That speaks pretty well for the snotty nosed kid American start up company.

Before that, the Model S Track Pack was the fastest electric production car to lap the ‘Ring, around 8 seconds faster than the Taycan Turbo S which is 3 times the price, and then some.

Of course now there's the Rimac and other multi million dollar cars in the game.

Last edited:
Those are all out tuners prepared just for the track.
Then what is this? All car going for fast times are modified on some way.
The Tesla Model S Plaid with the Track Pack has an official lap time of 7:25.231 seconds around the Nürburgring Nordschleife, which is faster than its own previous record of 7:30.909 seconds set in 2021. The Track Pack is available on the Tesla Shop and upgrades the car's software and components

Then what is this? All car going for fast times are modified on some way.
An option you can order. Just like the different levels of Taycans.
The component upgrades start at $15K I believe. The Track Package unlocks the top speed limiter and suspension as well.

The offered it to destroy the Taycan Turbo S.
The option fits 2021 up cars and is often sold out on the website.

Here's the Track Package

Last edited:
Back