2024 Dodge Charger Revealed

I just watched an episode of those English guys that travel the world driving different things and acting goofy. It was the one where they went to Detroit and drove a Camaro Exorcist, Mustang RTR and the Hot Charger that gives you a dragstrip kit with the car. They drove the crap out of them. All but the Mustang had 1k HP and were hard to keep on the road. I wouldn't want those cars after they finished with them.

I don't care how many turbos you stack on a V6 it is never going to sound like an authentic muscle car. Like Reba McEntire trying to sing opera.

Two doors are dumb IMO. Should have kept it separate with the 2 door one called the Challenger for people that want such a thing.

As for the EV aspect, interesting of them to offer basically the same car as both EV and ICE. Sure there are downsides to that but I like it. EVs don’t have to look “weird” or “different” and anything that normalizes them is a positive in my book.

An Inline 5 can actually “sound cooler “ than a v8, too bad everybody is terrified of making odd cylinder cars.
Three cylinder engines seem in vogue these days. Rogue, Cooper, Trailblazer, Bronco sport, Corolla GR...

Three cylinder engines seem in vogue these days. Rogue, Cooper, Trailblazer, Bronco sport, Corolla GR...
Even in the same displacement a 3 cylinder is typically 15% more efficient due to lower surface area for heat loss during the power cycle .

Harmonically the 3 banger breaths easier than a 4.

Add the 2 together if your willing to tolerate the “rough” engine you gain lots of positives.

I’ve always been surprised more 3 and 5 cylinders weren’t used

Impressive considering the weight.

"The 2024 Charger Daytona is listed at a porkier 5,838 lbs."

as stated in the video, this is a very big coupe and the sedan will probably be this size or bigger. I suspect the gas powered one to come later with the turbocharged 3.0 Liter I-6 will be lighter than the battery powered one.

Back