Mobil Super 10W-40 Resource Conserving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked again today and the quart bottles I looked at had 'Resource Conserving' listed on the donut.The 5qt. jug doesnt have it.

Mobil is evidently going around ILSAC and saying this based on API standards.

Originally Posted By: motorguy222

I don't think so, it's just a labelling error and if you contacted them I'm sure that's what they'd tell you.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Originally Posted By: motorguy222

I don't think so, it's just a labelling error and if you contacted them I'm sure that's what they'd tell you.

I did contact them,it is posted on page two.

I will post their response again.

"The "Resource Conserving" has nothing to do with the ILSAC, energy
conserving requirement."

-MJ

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Right and "resource conserving" doesn't apply to the 10W-40 grade.

Apparently mobil thinks it does. I suppose they can put whatever they like on their labels. Helps it sell to the masses who believe whatever story they are told.

Originally Posted By: spcrollins
Also, "Oils meeting API SN and the new “Resource Conserving” designation meet all ILSAC GF-5 performance requirements." So am I misunderstanding Mobil's reply to motorguy222?

No, I think Mobil marketing people are misunderstanding what Resource Conserving actually means.

Delvac 15w-40 meets SM. It's not resource conserving. Nor is GC, M1 0w-40, or Rotella 10w-30 HDEO.

Nor is Mobil HM 10w-40, regardless of what ExxonMobil tries to tell us. API and ILSAC provide the rules, not ExxonMobil, and the statement quoted at top speaks for itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back