Please help me find a good oil for my application

Moving in to the m1 0w20 espx2 and Castrol 0w20 lliv that you are now asking about.

Please read what I stated again.

"I've tested vw508 oils and have both here on my shelf and they are not lspi mitigating."

I do analysis on every oil I use. You appear to know quite a bit about additive packages since you stated to me that I need to read up on them .

But this will make it easier. Castrol 0w20lliv has over 1900 calcium and almost zero magnesium. This is the same for m1 esp X3, the Ravenol and the Motul vw508 oils.

Now if you can answer this question correctly we will know you know quite a bit about additive packages and lspi as well. You get bonus points if you don't mention zinc .

Do you know of any lspi mitigating oil that has zero magnesium and over 1800 calcium?

I am in the motorsports industry. I work with oil industry engineers regularly.
You’re making big assumptions. Considering that Mobil had already gone to a magnesium blend for LSPI around 10 years before the test became part of the spec, and the fact that they were one of the companies pushing the new spec, it’s highly doubtful their oils were substandard. As a matter of fact, your point that the labels did not change after the LSPI test was added, is a pretty good indication that the oil was already formulated to include LSPI testing. Unless you’ve got documentation that either the oil additive makeup has changed, or proof that the oils you claim do not meet the 229.52 LSPI test… you’re completely off base and beating a dead horse while you’re at it.

There’s at least one other thread that covers how advanced Mobil’s oil makeup was back when the SN+ & SP requirements came about… they were driven mostly by XOM’s development.

You’re making big assumptions. Considering that Mobil had already gone to a magnesium blend for LSPI around 10 years before the test became part of the spec, and the fact that they were one of the companies pushing the new spec, it’s highly doubtful their oils were substandard. As a matter of fact, your point that the labels did not change after the LSPI test was added, is a pretty good indication that the oil was already formulated to include LSPI testing. Unless you’ve got documentation that either the oil additive makeup has changed, or proof that the oils you claim do not meet the 229.52 LSPI test… you’re completely off base and beating a dead horse while you’re at it.

There’s at least one other thread that covers how advanced Mobil’s oil makeup was back when the SN+ & SP requirements came about… they were driven mostly by XOM’s development.

That's not completely correct.

Only SOME of m1 oils have gone to a lower calcium higher mg blend. They are the ones m1 even claimed they did not have to change formulation for.

In fact they specifically EXCLUDED the ESP oils if you'll recall didn't they?

Data...

Screenshot_20230822_160936_Samsung Internet.jpg

M1 has changed formulation for oils that didn't meet SN Plus but now do (meet SP). Same with shell. You can go back and look a voa over the years.

The question I asked is kscwan that he didn't want to answer is...

Do you know of any lspi mitigating oil that has zero magnesium and over 1800 calcium?

Back