Mobil Racing 2T

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find specifics on whether Mobil Racing 2T is rated for oil injection use vs. pre-mix which I do see listed.

Looking to run it in a '94 Polaris XLT snowmobile.

They told me NO when I inquired by email about using it in my sled or any other injector system. Might try emailing yourself and seeing what they say? One guy on here reported that had done it, so...?

I use it in my RZ350 and my SeaDoo's and my Yamaha scooter. All 4 have injection systems. Not only do I have zero problems, I (for sure) have achieved longer engine life on each and every two stroke I use this oil in.

Chris

Even though the mobile oil has a fairly low pour point it has a miscibility rating of 2. Snowmobile oils should be a 4, or at least a 3. In other words it may be to thick for reliable consistent pump metering at real low temps. Also when the sled gets 1st cold start the residual oil in the case may not get swept up as easily as the thin oil. It is good oil though and nothing say you couldn't pour some on the fuel on a sled.

I used in in several sleds for a thousands of miles, down to temps of -10. At that temp it was actually thinner than regular injector oil, which thickened considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back