TCW3 in Diesel

I'm looking for peoples experiences with running TCW3 in diesels? Specifically more modern direct injection diesels that are emissions strangled.

I've had previous experience of running 2T oil in diesels but it was an old Peugeot XUD9TE with indirect injection and an old Bosch VP44 fuel pump. It was run on vegetable oil and 2T oil added at 500:1 used to quieten the engine down quite a lot. I would usually use the cheapest 'mineral' oil I could pick up knowing nothing about oil specifications back then.

I currently have a modern common rail diesel with a DPF, EGR and SCR. I mainly use BP Ultimate or Shell V-Power diesel, but if unavailable I use standard branded diesel with Archoil 6900-DMax.

I'm thinking of giving some TWC3 a try with some standard fuel. Just wondering if anyone had any experiences or advice? What oil was it and what ratio did you try?

I sent out samples of fuel (Kerosene for use in a diesel gen) treated with Pennzoil semi-syn TCW3 and some with Stanadyne lubricity additive (and both) for HFRR testing. Clearly, the TCW3 improved lubricity and reduced the wear scar (test results) far more than the Stanadyne.

While that does not specifically answer your question, you should know that at 100 to 1, the 2 stroke oil was passing through the catalytic converter, unburned and dripping significantly from the exhaust on one of my engines.

In the end, I chose 200 to 1, and the recommended amount of Stanadyne. The engine still uses this mixture, without any fuel system issues.

I have no experience with tcw3 in diesel, but I used in my old cargo van , it was once ounce of tcw3 to 5 gallons of gas,,,,I could not tell it did anything.. look up Been testing oil

Last edited:
My brother-in-law runs some in the fuel on his duramax. His truck is deleted, and he had a fuel lift pump fail and ruin the entire fuel system on the truck, he's hoping that the tcw3 will help his new pump live longer.

Thanks guy's. I think I'll grab a litre and give it a try. Maybe at 1000:1 to start with and maybe head down to 500:1 over time.

If I have time I may even try borescope the piston tops before and after.

Common diesel engines are made for ULSD so there is no need to add anything to the fuel for lubricity. I think you will do more harm than good on an emissions compliant engine like you have @Bailes1992

Just my $0.02

Common diesel engines are made for ULSD so there is no need to add anything to the fuel for lubricity. I think you will do more harm than good on an emissions compliant engine like you have @Bailes1992

Just my $0.02

What kind of problems would you expect to see using a very small dose of an ashless lubricating oil in my heavy oil based fuel?

What kind of problems would you expect to see using a very small dose of an ashless lubricating oil in my heavy oil based fuel?
I’d be concerned about the possibility of impacting a sensor in the exhaust and the added contamination of the DPF. I agree it’s a low dose but the system is not designed for it.

Just my $0.02

Back