Mobil 1 ESP X3 0W40, 282km oil / 22882km Engine, Honda Civic Type R k20c1

You have 2 ppm of a couple metals in here. Do you think if this sample is run again it will even yield the exact same measurements? This is a simple used oil analysis. The equipment, method, and sample prep used by these labs is not going to yield ppb resolution. There is a non-zero chance those 2 ppm are lab contaminants as well.

The Phos. is 900 & zinc 990 on that product. Your analysis shows that is true. I don't know what your previous UOA oil was. Was it this same product?
Yes, the last two analysis are with the Same engine oil. At the last two analysis you can see that phosphorus and Zink will Not be so high Like in The Last analysis.

Thanks for your answers.

Yes, the last two analysis are with the Same engine oil. At the last two analysis you can see that phosphorus and Zink will Not be so high Like in The Last analysis.

Thanks for your answers.
Looks like some variance from the previous two samples. This last sample was higher than the previous two of the same product. However, this latest is closer to the correct amounts as noted earlier & maybe they've increased the amounts a little since your prior samples. Also, It would be considered a Mid-high Saps oil. You want a mid Saps or higher to keep wear control on most vehicles. Does this Honda have a gas particulate filter (GPF)? If not there is no concern. In many, many, miles down the road when it starts consuming a bit of oil then switching to an API SP 5w-30 to protect the remaining life of the catalytic converter or FS X2 5w-50 to attempt to slow oil burning. A catalytic converter is usually cheaper to replace than an engine so I'd not prioritize a cat over engine longevity or just plan on replacing it as maintenance at say 200,000-245,000 kilometers.

I only did a fresh oil ( with only 282 km ) analysis to have a reference. I only Drive a slowly round on the highway with only 2500-3000 Rpm. Can the measurements of iron and aluminum as well as lead have been made by the cold start after 5 months?
No. My first response above was carryover from previous used oil. But then I looked at the VOA of this oil and it starts with 2ppm iron and 3ppm aluminum. These numbers are so small, and as @chris719 said, within margin of error. Multiple tests of this oil will probably yield slightly different results each time, all with some very low or zero amount of metals. Rest easy. Here's the VOA of this oil:

So, it could be that the metal was in the oil to start, it could be from carryover, and it could be from testing error margins. Either way, it's nothing at all to be concerned about.

My vehicle does not have a GPF. Because it is a direct injection, I was advised to midsaps. I only drive a few thousand kilometres in the summer months, after which the vehicle stands again for 5 months without any start.

My vehicle does not have a GPF. Because it is a direct injection, I was advised to midsaps. I only drive a few thousand kilometres in the summer months, after which the vehicle stands again for 5 months without any start.
That's good. What does the manual say out of curiosity? Does it call out any European specifications?

I have decided again and go to fullsaps with API SP, even if the engine has no problems with LSPI. Let's see what my experiences will be like. Thank you for your reply.

Back