Mobil 1 AFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Yep, M1 AFE 0w-30 is good stuff for sure. I have used that and many other 5w-30 synthetic oils out there in very cold weather down to about -25 below zero and haven't noticed a difference in starting between 0w-30 and 5w-30 syns. Mobil1 AFE 0w-30 is also good to go in the summer as well.

Whatever you choose just make sure it's the weight specified in the owners manual and it's DEXOS1 Gen 2 approved.

Good advice!

Originally Posted By: scusemez28
Bought a 2018 Chevy Equinox with the 2.0 litre turbo engine.Requested oil is 5-30 Dexos 1 Gen 2.Mobil 1 AFE comes in a 0-30.Don`t hear much about this oil,what does everybody think about this stuff ?
I have used Mobil I 0W-30 AFE in my Camry V6 since it first became available. No problems. I use the 0W-20 AFE for winter months.

I'm running it in the Tacoma and love it so far! According to the bottle, it's rated one star higher for high temperature protection over M1 5W-30 so that makes me feel better.
I have noticed a 1mpg increase overall as well. It also produces significantly less startup rattle than 5W oils I've used previously. If the UOA turns out good, it'll probably remain my go to oil in the truck. Right now it's a wash between it and PP.

Both the M1 5W-30 and the AFE 0W-30 meet the Dexos 1 Gen 2 standards. Both are very similar and unless you have true Arctic weather conditions you probably would be fine with either. The biggest difference is that Mobil 1 5W-30 is ACEA rated for A5/B5 plus A1/B1. The AFE is only rated for A1/B1. As I understand the A5/B5 rating applies to a longer use oil, though I could be wrong or worded it wrong. You can't go wrong with either.

Whimsey

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
Both the M1 5W-30 and the AFE 0W-30 meet the Dexos 1 Gen 2 standards. Both are very similar and unless you have true Arctic weather conditions you probably would be fine with either. The biggest difference is that Mobil 1 5W-30 is ACEA rated for A5/B5 plus A1/B1. The AFE is only rated for A1/B1. As I understand the A5/B5 rating applies to a longer use oil, though I could be wrong or worded it wrong. You can't go wrong with either.

Whimsey

Even in true arctic conditions , full synthetic 5w30 is still more than adequate the vast majority of the time.

Originally Posted By: jayg
Originally Posted By: Whimsey

Whimsey

Even in true arctic conditions , full synthetic 5w30 is still more than adequate the vast majority of the time.

Since you're in Alaska you know a lot more than me about Arctic conditions with me being in NJ
lol.gif
. Thanks for your input!

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back