Mobil 1 5qt 12pk for $29.97 at walmart

Shipping weight said 4.4lbs
10qts if oil weighs a lot more than 4.4lbs

Oh well 🤷‍♂️
1000009209.jpg

Got my 12 orders of 6-pack Mobil1 today. As we already know it was 12 jugs not 12 6packs.
Did the online chat. At first they wanted me to return them. I let them know I had the boxes but 1 jug did leak a little. Not much maybe 1/4-1/2 a quart so still usable. When I let them know that they did not want it anymore. So they refunded 10 6packs and I paid for the 2 6packs I got.

Well now that I got everyone all riled up, my 12 pack came in with 1 5qt jug. Was able to get a full refund on the online chat and was able to keep the jug. All in all, not too bad of a deal on my end, just wish I would have done the same with the one I just returned in store.

Well, I can't say they didn't take care of me 👍
These two bottles will join all the Castrol and Total in the shed
If one was unethical, you could theoretically repeat this or keep slamming them with orders and returns
I'm not sure who's side I'd be on, this is still Walmart 🙄
I've made money on Peak Coolant, and gotten free Mobil 1 delivered
2024 is turning out quite the W 🤌

Maybe I'll keep these two the side for someone who's down or hurting for maintenance money
Pay it forward 🤷‍♂️
1000009235.png

I received 1 - 5 quart of the 5w-30 extended and 1 - quart of the 0w-30 AFE oil out of my order of 12 and 6 jugs.

Using the walmart chat I was allowed to keep both of the single 5 quart jugs, a $10 gift card and a full refund.

I suppose that was a much cheaper way to go rather than fulfilling the 90 quart order at $63.

I got the order today as well, two 5 quart jugs. I called Walmart, was placed on hold and issued a refund and told I could keep the two jugs. I wasn't going to press them.

I ordered a 6pack of 5w20 jugs this morning, for curbside pick up at local walmart. The worker brought out one jug. I showed him on my phone where the ad indicated 6 pack, and he showed me on his phone-like device where it showed one jug. Maybe walmart shoukd quit outsourcing their ad writing...

So now the lonely jug goes back to the store.

So this played out exactly as we OGs figured. @blufeb95 said this would be the case so I didn't bother commenting as he covered it. We've been down this road many times with walmart. I couldn't bring myself to order any knowing I would just get 1. Yeah you can get it for free if you complain, but I wasn't going to do that since I would have gone into it trying to get free oil shipped to me. I like getting deals but I don't want to knowingly rip anyone off or do the dance with customer service to get a refund. And returning items to the store can sometimes be a long lined frustration and time waster.

that was an exercise in futility. I purchased

Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30 (pack of 12)​

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-Extended-Performance-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5W-30/17128876
three days ago, and now the item description has changed to omit the (pack of 12) on the webpage, which also reflect on the acutal order item description too. Walmart CS claimed there was never pack of 12. The order confirmation email didnt contain the item description either, just a link to look at your order on their site. The only proof I got that I purchased pack of 12, is in the delivery confirmation email, which spelled out what I purchased, which is "Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30, 5 Quart (Pack of 12)"

I envied those ppl who get to keep theirs and get a refund, but for me these are going back to Walmart :(

that was an exercise in futility. I purchased

Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30 (pack of 12)​

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-Extended-Performance-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5W-30/17128876
three days ago, and now the item description has changed to omit the (pack of 12) on the webpage, which also reflect on the acutal order item description too. Walmart CS claimed there was never pack of 12. The order confirmation email didnt contain the item description either, just a link to look at your order on their site. The only proof I got that I purchased pack of 12, is in the delivery confirmation email, which spelled out what I purchased, which is "Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30, 5 Quart (Pack of 12)"

I envied those ppl who get to keep theirs and get a refund, but for me these are going back to Walmart :(

OP did a screen grab before the update so use that if they give anyone lip.

Oh you'll get the lip regardless. I tried my luck with customer service again and the refund customer service agent told me that a "pack of twelve means you get one item" and that I was wrong in expecting a 12 pack. At least with the Zoro deal, I'll get to work with Americans.

Oh you'll get the lip regardless. I tried my luck with customer service again and the refund customer service agent told me that a "pack of twelve means you get one item" and that I was wrong in expecting a 12 pack. At least with the Zoro deal, I'll get to work with Americans.
Ahh the good old pack of 12 single

They corrected the listing but I did manage to put in for one order for local pickup. And I did get the deal as the cashier at online pickup center just went to the motion and gave me the 1/ jugs without even looking at the price when she scanned my pickup receipt.

Now I have 11 5-quart I don’t need until 2025.

Thanks OP for the hookup, I looked up right when I posted and ordered and picked up 2 days later this past Wednesday.

And I did get the deal as the cashier at online pickup center just went to the motion and gave me the 1/ jugs without even looking at the price when she scanned my pickup receipt.

Now I have 11 5-quart I don’t need until 2025.
Don't tell people this. If it really happened, it gives them hope that the order picker will do the same for them, but in reality, this situation is extremely unlikely because the order just triggers 1 jug and the picker would have to manually see this and go rogue and fulfill as the description says. It never happened when I would try in past years.

Folks, please don’t try this as the error had been electronically fixed in the system and the online pickup places go by what your pickup receipt says; not what an old ad printout say since people can create fake ads easily nowadays.

I just luck out as our Walmart doubled as a distribution center so I just showed up with the pickup receipt that still said 12 / 5-quart jug. My previous post was typo galore but I simply order right as OP posted and the orange hair check out girl just grabbed 12 jugs after scanning the receipt to confirm I did pay and hadn’t pick up the order already.

Back