Milestar or Sentury

These will be going on s 2011 Chevy Cruze that lives it’s life in the Socal desert. I’m kinda leaning towards the Milestars since they’re a Taiwanese company and probably has better quality control. My Dad is a real cheapskate and the cheaper the tire, the better off he will feel.

IMG_3822.jpg

IMG_3820.jpg

Had some MS932s that wouldn't balance and were egg shaped. Put them in your hands and they'll feel cheap.

Two sets of Sentury's purchased in the last two years... one set on my old 97 Accord and one set on my mom's 2014 Civic.
They don't stay balanced well. I won't be buying them again.

My boss just put a set of milestar ATs on his work truck. They are surprisingly good.

I bought a used car with a set of Milestars… the lexus. They didn’t feel right on that car at all… it was probably a bit too sensitive to tolerate them in the low profile size it called for. On his f150, however, he is pleased and the seat time I’ve had in it… seems good.

Milestar by a mile! Had Senturys before on a previous vehicle. They were okay... but Milestar would be better I think.

But... the Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum from Walmart would be even better.

I put those Milestars on my Focus and they were OK at first but wore out very fast. I wouldn't buy them again. And yes, I would pass on any tire (or anything else) made in China when possible.

So, I realize this thread is 9 months old, but wanted to share. Had 4 of these Sentury tires put on my mother in laws 2005 Camry in 2019. She's 80 now and drives about 1500 miles a year (not kidding.) We also had some balance issues and she recently had a vibration. Discount Tire said front tires were coming apart and needed to be replaced. Exterior of tires looked absolutely fine, it was internal I guess. So, she still had some warranty left. She had them rotated and balanced periodically in the store and had several nails removed over last 5 years, so not sure if it's where shes driving or what on the nails....)

Instead of replacing 2, I asked store manager (I was on phone with them, I live in SC and she is in Florida) and he said 4 new tires (also Sentury) would be $235 out the door (pro-rated warranty left on old tires.) So, went ahead and did it.

I really wouldn't recommend them for the average daily driver (I can't imagine them lasting very long for someone who drives 10-15K a year), but for her use, if she can get another 5 years, they are fine. For $235, we couldn't complain.

My dad just put some milestar AS710 tires on the 400k Jetta, and so far so good. I almost bought some milestars for my montero but discovered some store brand tires that were $100 cheaper and made by gt radial.

Two sets of Sentury's purchased in the last two years... one set on my old 97 Accord and one set on my mom's 2014 Civic.
They don't stay balanced well. I won't be buying them again.
I have a set on the Caprice that have been awesome. I run the cheapest tires I can on that car as it is just the daily. I was surprised at how good they have been traction wise as the car is 400RWHP and 400 FT/lbs of torque. I have 18,000 on this set.

Back