Michelin Defenders the quietest tire option for a 2019 CRV?

I just put General Altimax RT45s on our subaru forester and they are very quiet. I purchased them over defenders because they a more of a car tire than LT tire.

What is your tire size? Is it 235/60-18? :unsure:

Some good choices include Pirelli Scorpion Verde, Goodyear Efficientgrip SUV, and Conti PremiumContact 6

For the best ride comfort, you can downsize to 17 inch wheels and tires with more sidewall.

The Defenders would be a solid option in my opinion. I've found that they stay quiet as they wear as opposed to many cheaper tires that get noisy as they age.
I have an 8 year old set of Defenders on my Civic that are still very quiet.

I have the Michelin Defenders on my Civic and the Jeep and they seem to work out great and are quiet. I am on the second full set on the Civic. I highly recommend them.

I remember in the 90s how terrible I-10 was, potholes everywhere, mismatched lanes for miles and miles. I blew out my 1990 Cavalier front shocks on the Baton Rouge bridge. Now I-10 is smooth tarmac. Once you hit the Texas/Louisiana border on the other hand, its a embarrassment on the Texas side. Defenders will be great for rocketing around LA.

What is your tire size? Is it 235/60-18? :unsure:

Some good choices include Pirelli Scorpion Verde, Goodyear Efficientgrip SUV, and Conti PremiumContact 6

For the best ride comfort, you can downsize to 17 inch wheels and tires with more sidewall.
I just have the base model (last naturally aspirated) LX model.

17 inch wheels.

I’d go with the Michelin Defender 2.

Attachments

• IMG_2300.jpeg
    IMG_2300.jpeg
    415 KB · Views: 18
mind to explain?
My mistake, I didn't realize the multiple versions of the defender series. Defender, Defender LT, etc. As pointed out by someone else in this thread.

I'm looking at it that the Defender design must be some derivative of the LT design. A Defender in the same size as a RT45 weighs 2lbs more.

My mistake, I didn't realize the multiple versions of the defender series. Defender, Defender LT, etc. As pointed out by someone else in this thread.

I'm looking at it that the Defender design must be some derivative of the LT design. A Defender in the same size as a RT45 weighs 2lbs more.
It probably does as it is designed to be more rugged.
Defender LTX (not LT) is used by many people for off roading. It is exceptionally strong and stable tire and actually, much lighter than completion. RT45 is different tire with different goals. Michelin Primacy for example would be better comparison.

Back