Metal shavings on new Napa Gold filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya gotta love this thread... Suspected metal shavings in an oil filter, that lead up to a broken dipstick in an Isuzu. A few personal jabs for good luck. Lots of drama over what to do about/ with/ or to. And all that takes us to the Australian outback, to sample their great brews. Only here!!!
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Filter guy:
If there were shavings and in the process of screwing the filter onto the stud "cuts" them off, they would go downstream and eventually end up in the oil pan.

...after passing harmlessly through the bearings

The stud cuts them off, and they collect on the end, waiting to be washed into the engine as the oil rises to fill the new filter. Yes, I did test the shavings with a magnet, and they stuck.

Anybody change their oil every 3000 miles, and want to save their used filters for me?
wink.gif

So far, my car hasn't died, despite any metal shavings getting in, so I'm not too worried.

quote:

Originally posted by Pete C.:
Ya gotta love this thread... Suspected metal shavings in an oil filter, that lead up to a broken dipstick in an Isuzu. A few personal jabs for good luck. Lots of drama over what to do about/ with/ or to. And all that takes us to the Australian outback, to sample their great brews. Only here!!!
cheers.gif

Strange, isn't it!

Ah well, all is fixed now, $75 later dipstick was removed. Don't believe it has anything at all to do with choice of filter, just my luck is all.

Filter guy, if Warney (who I despise) does as well on the field as off the field, the Pomms don't have a chance.

Only cricket that I actually follow is in the back yard.

quote:

Originally posted by Shannow:
Filter guy, if Warney (who I despise) does as well on the field as off the field, the Pomms don't have a chance.

Only cricket that I actually follow is in the back yard.

Don't really follow cricket but it's all over Sky Sports, so I put up with it. Just waiting on the European Champions League winners to play tommorrow..
wink.gif

Actully I do get some right every now and then..
wink.gif

I've been awol the last few days. Besides practising golf, I have a number of friends in England. My mother is from there, I was born there in a military hospital as my Dad was in the US Air Force. We moved to the States for good when I was almost 6. Lived here ever since.

With the football team I support (or soccer to this part of the Atlantic), i've met a number of people when i've gone over to England to watch them play and in forums. One of them had is wife injured in the first London terrorist attack on 7/7. She was in hospital over night and released with some facial wounds. She thinks the person next to her on the subway had his legs blown off.

Now with the attacks of yesterday and the incident from today, I have been following that more closely than being in this forum.
And that's also the reason for the jibe at Shannow over The Ashes, which Australia are doing well in the first test...so far.

But that's all for now...i'll post again over the weekend barring other situations..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back