Men’s pants

If the 5.11's don't work out check out Mountain Hardware pants. Shorts are awesome as well.

My wife bought me two pairs of Prana Stretch Zion pants (she's a yoga teacher 😁). They are a kind of tough polyester with some stretch. The waist has an adjustment tab, so no belt needed. Super comfy and great travel and chore pants. Not made in USA, unfortunately.

Shorts. (OK a few more months)

I don't wear jeans anymore. I hate pants that pinchmenutts. And I have strange skin reactions to "nylon" pants.

I really like Carhartt https://www.carhartt.com/c/men-pants

Some styles are way soft and perfect and have a stretchy ballroom.

Also, Costco at random intervals sells a couple Carhartt knock offs. Great price, comfortable. But almost always NLA.

Yeah, at home loafing - fashion brand name not itchy sweats.

Last edited:
Shorts. (OK a few more months)

I don't wear jeans anymore. I hate pants that pinchmenutts.

I really like Carhartt https://www.carhartt.com/c/men-pants

Some styles are way soft and perfect and have a stretchy ballroom.

Also, Costco at random intervals sells a couple Carhartt knock off. Great price, comfortable.

Yeah, at home loafing - fashion brand name sweats.
Wrangler. "U" shape rather than the typical "V"

I like columbia pants but their pockets are ok to atrocious short front pockets bad leg pocket for phone.
They are slowly improving them. These are the lightest pants you can feel the wind through them when walking.. almost like shorts.. I wear these all summer since no shorts at work.

Duluth dry on the fly are my favorite for comfort.

The flex max cool cargos are nice too.
They have these in relaxed fit and regular.. I got the regular fit on clearance and they fit great.
Have an amazing phone pocket on right leg.. works great and doesnt bang around when you walk.

Wrangler has "adventure" pants at their VF outlet stores..

I know north face has some but I didnt find any I liked.

Costco has decent outdoor pants.. about 20$ pair their belt loops are anemic and requires the correct belt.. the front pockets are abit short but keys dont fall out when sitting. Overall worth a try... they are called weatherproof pants.

@JHZR2 are you normal pants size? most of the ones I listed are available in 30-46 waist and 30-36 leg.

Last edited:
Duluth trading has a new line that is suppose to be a little more price competitive than their regular line. It's called 40 Grit. Jeans, khakis, shirts and such. I have some of the jean. Pockets are deep and material thick. Good stuff.

lululemon classic or relaxed fit pants are pretty darn comfortable but $128 and likely not made in the US.

To JHZR2: If you're near Hillsdale, NJ go to Rugged Outfitters on Broadway. They have what you want.
You can drive over the dam in neighboring Woodcliff Lake for fun.
The Bergenfield store (near Hillsdale) caters more to medical scrubs and youthful clothing.

Of course you likely live in Cape May.

To JHZR2: If you're near Hillsdale, NJ go to Rugged Outfitters on Broadway. They have what you want.
You can drive over the dam in neighboring Woodcliff Lake for fun.
The Bergenfield store (near Hillsdale) caters more to medical scrubs and youthful clothing.

Of course you likely live in Cape May.
Love Cape May but no, don’t live there other than some weekends…

I know Hillsdale, grew up pretty close.

Tractor supply work pants are great. Blue Mountain? (or something similar). Cheap, comfortable, not tacticool. Likely made overseas however.

Wrangler pants. Mountain something or other. $22 at Walmart.

Im serious.
I only have one pair of jeans anymore. The Wrangler things is all I wear. They breath good, they stretch, they are like hiker pants. They aren't ripstop or any of that stuff, but at $22 if I tear them, I toss em without a care and buy more.

I tried all different brands of expensive pants and I just couldn't find a fit as good as these cheap a$$ Wrangler pants. They have a bunch of different colors.

No cotton. I dislike cotton anything.

Well I found a set of 5.11 rip stop plain blue, no cargo pockets. They’re imported like everything else but more or less what I wanted.

D032BC15-DF92-40C4-9AAD-142EB742E684.jpeg

$45. Beats LL Bean hiking pants that are about the same for $79 (imported).

Back