MC FL820s C&P

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
The subject of many filter wars here.
MC from the exterior always came off to me as a premium filter by looks alone. The Fl910s being the creme of the crop and this model being the bottom of the crop.

This was super clean inside with a smidgen of too much glue. All smooth edges and no out of round can. I'm taking this over the last PH2..
It's a tight race and I'm speaking of build quality only not efficiency. Internally hard to photo but nicely punched holes on the tube...

1000001973.jpg
1000001974.jpg
1000001975.jpg
1000001976.jpg
1000001977.jpg

The susceptible seam pleat spacing area doesn't 'look' awful (but could be better) in this unused one. But the proof for the 820S is in checking them post use. As pretty much normal, other area pleat spacing looks ok. Looks like topic made 2015.

Thanks for c&p.

Looks good as a virgin but run it 4k miles and it usually isn't very appealing. Too bad a metal crimp isn't where the edges meet.

Not too bad of a Purolator made filter but even considering the silicon adbv the media doesn't look like a 10k mile filter & more like 5-7500 miles max.

Those old boxes never listed any mileage recommendations.
That's right. Which is even scarier these days. At least the mileage listings put a cap on it. The media looks like a basic 5k rated filter if we're "comparing" appearance to a similar looking mileage claim filter. But w/OLM these days it pretty much keeps it capped anyways.

Those old boxes never listed any mileage recommendations.
That's right. Which is even scarier these days. At least the mileage listings put a cap on it. The media looks like a basic 5k rated filter if we're "comparing" appearance to a similar looking mileage claim filter. But w/OLM these days it pretty much keeps it capped anyways.
The box probably says to follow the owner's manual for change intervals. If the box doesn't, the OM certainly does.

Now I'd rather have what we have here than a 20K mile filter that we all know ain't good for it. That's when the bad stuff happens

Not too bad of a Purolator made filter but even considering the silicon adbv the media doesn't look like a 10k mile filter & more like 5-7500 miles max.
They are made to last the change interval as specified in the owner's manual. That is usually up to 7500 miles.

How are those burrs on the inside of the baseplate? They don’t look very good in this photo, look like ADBV cutters!
Actually nice..not perfect but on par with the Fram PH2. Both get an easy pass here.

What you see is the issue. The sharpness is actually a face plate insert from the top that is pressed into the slots which shows the chrome finish which doesn't go all the way through. So the insert gives off sharpness that Isn't felt from the inside. Thus not sharp or real burrs

Back