Matco 1/2" ratchet: rubber vs metal handle

Looks like I'm the first one to mention this, but have you considered Harbor Freight for a breaker bar? Breaker bars are not exactly precision instruments, so all they really need to do is be strong and not break. There is evidence that the strength of their breaker bars stands up to even top-tier brands like Matco and Snap-on.

The HF is the best buy by a mile. I can attest to how strong they are, I put a 5-6 foot pipe on one with a 17mm deep Made in USA Proto impact socket and broke the socket, the breaker bar and the pipe were not fazed. I can understand buying Made in USA for 2 or 3X the price but not 7X for the same result.

@pacem I bought a cheap, assuredly chinese made Mastercraft. Im not a pro so it works quite well for me.

I had been looking at Gray tools but without a local retail, I wasnt up to a blind mail order.

Attachments

• maximum-1-2-drive-comfort-grip-ratchet-c7e63d85-3ea1-4519-9960-1d3d126643f5.jpg
    maximum-1-2-drive-comfort-grip-ratchet-c7e63d85-3ea1-4519-9960-1d3d126643f5.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 0
Not a fan of soft grip handles on ratchets. I like the snap on hard grip, or else just metal.

Back