Snap-On Tool Warranty

I bought mostly Snap-On tools maybe 50 years when I was an apprentice VW mechanic. They were generally good quality and even bought a Snap-On top and bottom box (which I still cherish) for them to sleep in at night. Well I finally decided to see if the broken bits could get replaced with Snap-On's vaunted replacement policy. Sent them photos (with a ruler for reference) of three small broken handled screwdrivers, a fractured 3/8 drive "x 4" extension and a 1/4" drive broken ratchet. Supplied the markings on each tool as an identifier as requested. Today I received a solitary 17" #2 screwdriver. That tool jumped into first place as longest, least useable screwdriver in my tool box. The defective screwdrivers are all
How can a huge tool company get this so wrong? Are Snap-On tools still worth the extra money?

1695855805149.jpg

PR Newswire

Weird. I'd contact them again. They're typically good over email, although having them warranty stuff "long distance" has been slow for me.

I am not a Snap On fan any longer. The warranty is terrible - waiting on the tool truck. Their scan tool are not competitive and have terrible upgrade plans, the prices are so high that it makes no sense when you can get high quality ICON tools at HF and warranty same day if needed. I am not a hater as I have a toolbox that is almost 18' long full of their tools purchased over my lifetime. I just stopped buying when I saw how poor of an investment they truly are. I have purchased all ICON tools in the last 2 years - love them.

Snap On is for those who only look at what their month payment will be. The $300 combination wrench set isn't too bad at $20 a month, even though a HF or Craftsman set is only $30 and does the same thing.
There is no comparison of HF or Craftsman to Snap on, if you said Hazet, Stahlwille, Wright or a few others I would agree but they are not inexpensive tools either.

We have several toolboxes full of Snap on at work (govt-owned), and I like them, but wouldn't pay the premium for them for my own use. Much less expensive options work just fine for my needs.

Snap-on tools are definitely worth the money and you're much better off trying to warranty ONE TOOL AT A TIME.

I like Snap-on for most things. Pass on the air tools, power tools, scan tools and chrome sockets. But everything else great. I won’t grab any other wrench or ratchet first besides my Snap-on stuff. The hard handle is great and I like that you have three different options for handles on the ratchets. I’ve never had a problem with the warranty from the actual tool trucks. I’d just email them again or give them a call and explain what happened and what you needed replaced. It’s possible they were out of something you had and just sent you that as a replacement.

Give them a call, their customer service hotline has been excellent. Sometimes it takes a few different reps to get a situation handled, but it will get handled.

Give them a call, their customer service hotline has been excellent. Sometimes it takes a few different reps to get a situation handled, but it will get handled.
They used to have good online chat, too....but IIRC last time I tried they no longer offered that.

There is no comparison of HF or Craftsman to Snap on, if you said Hazet, Stahlwille, Wright or a few others I would agree but they are not inexpensive tools either.
Agree. Supporting the Chinese war machine or offshoring of jobs is not favorable to me to save a buck.

Last edited:
I bought mostly Snap-On tools maybe 50 years when I was an apprentice VW mechanic. They were generally good quality and even bought a Snap-On top and bottom box (which I still cherish) for them to sleep in at night. Well I finally decided to see if the broken bits could get replaced with Snap-On's vaunted replacement policy. Sent them photos (with a ruler for reference) of three small broken handled screwdrivers, a fractured 3/8 drive "x 4" extension and a 1/4" drive broken ratchet. Supplied the markings on each tool as an identifier as requested. Today I received a solitary 17" #2 screwdriver. That tool jumped into first place as longest, least useable screwdriver in my tool box. The defective screwdrivers are all
How can a huge tool company get this so wrong? Are Snap-On tools still worth the extra money?

View attachment 180774
PR Newswire
So you submitted information and received only one item, and no communications? Is it allowed to submit multiple warranty requests in a single submission? It would seem to me that they can only support one claim per submission, so you got one thing. Not sure if that’s the actual case though…. No communications or documentation?

No communications or documentation?
Yes they did finally let me know the replacements were on the way. Friday received three screwdrivers, one 3/8" extension and a 1/4" ratchet repair kit. Except that two screwdrivers sent weren't what I claimed needing replacement I'm a happy camper. They did send me an extra screwdriver last week that I'll probably never use. Corporate confusion.

I will say in defense of Snap-On, they do make quality tools.
1696286658300.jpg

Yes they did finally let me know the replacements were on the way. Friday received three screwdrivers, one 3/8" extension and a 1/4" ratchet repair kit. Except that two screwdrivers sent weren't what I claimed needing replacement I'm a happy camper. They did send me an extra screwdriver last week that I'll probably never use. Corporate confusion.

I will say in defense of Snap-On, they do make quality tools.
View attachment 181545
I wonder if you replied back that the issue was that you had x, but got y, if they would handle. Not sure if you selected the same replacement, if that would help…

Snap-on is notorious for mixing up outgoing shipments. It’s been that way for several years. That screwdriver was almost certainly meant for someone else.

One time I ordered a pair of gloves and they sent me a set of files and a set of punches :ROFLMAO:

Snap-on is notorious for mixing up outgoing shipments. It’s been that way for several years. That screwdriver was almost certainly meant for someone else.

One time I ordered a pair of gloves and they sent me a set of files and a set of punches :ROFLMAO:
Score!

Back