March Madness : Who you pulling for ?

I’ve been a Duke fan since 1964. They’re young and starting 4 freshman and 1 Junior so I don’t think they’ll go far in the NCAA tournament this year, but they did sweep UNC this season and the Tarheels didn’t even make the tournament, so I’m good. My picks for the final four are…Kansas..Alabama..Houston. and UCLA, with Kansas winning it all! What are your final 4 picks and who will win it all?

Last edited:
I'm curious why you picked three #1 seeds, but left the fourth (Purdue) out? Not that I think they're likely to make it, but you're confident the others will?

Any of the Big Ten teams. Been watching all of them all season.
And whoever happens to be playing Kansas.

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Last edited:
I'm curious why you picked three #1 seeds, but left the fourth (Purdue) out? Not that I think they're likely to make it, but you're confident the others will?
I was torn between UCLA and Purdue. Purdue beat Duke by 19 in November in the acc/big ten challenge and Edey had a great game, and is one of the top five big men in the country IMO, but Purdue was swept by Indiana this year and lost to Rutgers, Northwestern and Maryland. Purdue could very well make the final four, I’m sure that Duke would like another shot against the boilermakers!

Clearly I am partial to Kansas. Second choice would be any Big 12 school remaining. Third depends on what teams are left over in the bracket. Not sure KU will make it to the finals. They need all cylinders to fire well, and it doesn't always happen that way (Big 12 Tournament finals).

Purdue is a one trick pony and fairly inconsistent. KI is the best overall team, esp with Quad 1 wins, by far. But they are streaky as well.

Michigan State Spartans...YO! and Vermont Catamounts. Both big longshots

Last edited:
Purdue is a one trick pony and fairly inconsistent. KI is the best overall team, esp with Quad 1 wins, by far. But they are streaky as well.
Not sure why that defaulted to KI but should say KU and I can’t go back and edit it now.

Unfortunately Villanova (I'm a '99 grad) didn't even make it this year, and already lost in the NIT. I know everybody cry for us 😁 so I'll have to say fellow Big East team Marquette.

Loved seeing UVA go down today. Their brand of hoops is so boring. This is almost as good as them losing to UMBC in the only 16-1 upset ever.

jeff

Love that UNC didn’t even make the field this year! Which reminds me that Nike introduced a new shoe for the NCAA basketball tournament this year…..ain’t got no heels! 😎🏀

Unfortunately Villanova (I'm a '99 grad) didn't even make it this year, and already lost in the NIT. I know everybody cry for us 😁 so I'll have to say fellow Big East team Marquette.

Loved seeing UVA go down today. Their brand of hoops is so boring. This is almost as good as them losing to UMBC in the only 16-1 upset ever.

jeff
Fairleigh Dickinson WOW

Back