Manufacturer's Take Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all the vehicles they could have "tried" it in why the RAM? Someone needs to be fired for that one.

Now that it killed that poor guy from the Star Trek film can we please go back to shifters?
frown.gif

Also because they are dangerously uncool!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Out of all the vehicles they could have "tried" it in why the RAM? Someone needs to be fired for that one.

Now that it killed that poor guy from the Star Trek film can we please go back to shifters?
frown.gif

Also because they are dangerously uncool!

I agree, even with the TSB to fix the safety issue, it is still a poor shifter choice and a step backwards.

Tiny windows you can't see out of, and sunroofs bundled with expensive useless option packages instead of it just being a $1000 standalone option!

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Plastic headlights. PLEASE go back to glass!!

01.gif

1) Vehicles that don't take into account tall people, especially torso tall folks or people with long legs. We aren't getting shorter as society. Can you not allow the seats to go lower down and further back?

If you have long legs, try an older Chev regular cab pickup, as in 1970s or early 1980s, or my F-150, for that matter.
wink.gif
I'm not exactly tall, but I have to have the seat back all the way.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
- Poor electronic throttle programming
- Transmissions that don't know when to shift

This really annoys me.

Coming from a cable drive throttle, everything I test drive seems gutless. Even higher HP cars feel slow and lazy unless you floor them.

My GF's BMW has probably one of the worst throttle lags I've seen. That car is fun to drive otherwise, but the throttle response sucks. You have to press the pedal about 2/3 of the way down before it even responds and starts to move.

Originally Posted By: dlayman
Sun visors that are too small and don't have extensions (Camaro). Weak, wimpy horns (many Japanese cars).

How about a sunvisor extension...that is PERFORATED.
33.gif
About as useful as a perforated submarine.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Sun visors that are too small and don't have extensions (Camaro). Weak, wimpy horns (many Japanese cars).

33.gif

I've never encountered that. What maker had that brilliant idea?

Originally Posted By: pkunk
Tall people love Mini Coopers. More head & leg room than any car I've tried on. My son is 6'7" and has plenty of room

Yeah but the price is an issue and is the reliability any better? They were problematic some years ago.

I'm a firm believer that good maintenance begets long term reliability. Mine has 131K needing nothing but routine stuff.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

33.gif

I've never encountered that. What maker had that brilliant idea?

Mack, I think.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
Tall people love Mini Coopers. More head & leg room than any car I've tried on. My son is 6'7" and has plenty of room

Yes, those mini's have great leg room. The first generation Scion XB had great legroom for a smaller car.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
I really miss a good old Column shift..
i miss shifting P->R->D without moving my hand off the wheel...

it's a small thing, but I miss it.

Back in the long ago day, a column shifter was considered an upgrade over a floor mounted shifter for that reason you mention, can keep both hands on the wheel.

But a floor mounted shifter became the cool and trendy choice and has remained the favorite of most drivers who do not know any better.

ease of entry/exit is a big gripe for me.
i sold a nearly new saturn a while back because i had to fold up like an accordian to get into it.
seems they never test a car design to see if it is useable for us big guys.
when i wanted a economical work car i got the 99 accord primarily because it was easiest to get into for me.
that saturn was nice and i got a steal on it as it did not run.easy fix.
but i do not have the spinal column of a snake so it was a instant fail.
as for extra gadgets i dont want that stuff.
its a distraction and bound to cause trouble later in life.
the tight integration with other vital systems makes the failure of a fancy touchscreen a big problem.
even though i repair this stuff every day i dont want it in something i keep.

Originally Posted By: kc8adu
ease of entry/exit is a big gripe for me.
i sold a nearly new saturn a while back because i had to fold up like an accordian to get into it.
seems they never test a car design to see if it is useable for us big guys.
when i wanted a economical work car i got the 99 accord primarily because it was easiest to get into for me.
that saturn was nice and i got a steal on it as it did not run.easy fix.
but i do not have the spinal column of a snake so it was a instant fail.
as for extra gadgets i dont want that stuff.
its a distraction and bound to cause trouble later in life.
the tight integration with other vital systems makes the failure of a fancy touchscreen a big problem.
even though i repair this stuff every day i dont want it in something i keep.

Yeah I couldn't fit in the Equinox version just before the latest. I had to recline the seat a good amount. The one before that I fit in no problem ?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back