Manufacturer's Take Note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Plastic headlights. PLEASE go back to glass!!
that was the only good thing about sealed beams. I am tempted to graft a set from a 528e onto the Rat

3) Severely sloped roofs that make it difficult to get in/out of the vehicle without whacking your head or contorting in some way

It's just another one of their ways to encourage you to buy a more profitable SUV, instead of buying a less profitable car.

Tall people love Mini Coopers. More head & leg room than any car I've tried on. My son is 6'7" and has plenty of room

Originally Posted By: pkunk
Tall people love Mini Coopers. More head & leg room than any car I've tried on. My son is 6'7" and has plenty of room

Yeah but the price is an issue and is the reliability any better? They were problematic some years ago.

Busy controls. When driving a car I like to have the controls simple to operate so it doesn't distract from paying attention to where I'm going. My '95 Miata fills the bill. All the controls are simple and easily within reach.

Originally Posted By: redbone3
Busy controls. When driving a car I like to have the controls simple to operate so it doesn't distract from paying attention to where I'm going. My '95 Miata fills the bill. All the controls are simple and easily within reach.

My Journey has the 8" touch screen and it controls the heat, radio, phone, toaster you know everything. Then there are some manual buttons and knobs below it and I always find myself taking my eyes off the road to find the control I'm looking for.

WHY???????? So dumb!

Tall Rear decklids that cause the rear window to be sharply raked and small making rear visibility almost nill, think late 2000's lexus IS250

No lower back support in seats- #1 problem. Ford is the worst at this.

Don't allow PRND shifting without foot on brake. I think that's all new cars now.

- Poor electronic throttle programming
- Transmissions that don't know when to shift
- Uncomfortable seats
- "Busy" infotainment systems that are more distraction than benefit
- Poorly laid-out steering wheel controls
- Poorly implemented arm rests
- Side mirrors with parts cut off (GM) that are useful
- Cheap feeling door handles
- Vague steering

Everything you said. Im 6ft6 and more space in my corolla than alot of bigger cars simply due to oversized center stack stereo/center consoles. Everytime I rent a full size Im scared to see what I end up with, i typically end up with a sore right knee. They should put additional padding where your leg rests when driving or try to curve it more. Gimme a bigger glovebox but a narrower center console to give extra legroom.

Manufacturers can't please everyone...
I dislike long seat cushions and short backrests. I dislike wide seats (and if we're talking armchairs, they're ridiculous). I also have back problems.
I dislike sunroofs.
I dislike oversized rims as OEM.
I hate that by default, defog mode turns on the AC on most cars.

I do like not hitting my head on the roof/a-pillar.
I like good visibility.
I like manual transmissions, manual controls for the AC and everything else.

I really miss a good old Column shift..
i miss shifting P->R->D without moving my hand off the wheel...

it's a small thing, but I miss it.

Last edited:
Oh Oh Oh... I know... That stupid shift knob Chrysler is putting into everything. Luckily this will be my last vehicle from them for a while!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Oh Oh Oh... I know... That stupid shift knob Chrysler is putting into everything. Luckily this will be my last vehicle from them for a while!

Not everything. My Jeep has a traditional shifter.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
- Poor electronic throttle programming
- Transmissions that don't know when to shift
- Uncomfortable seats
- "Busy" infotainment systems that are more distraction than benefit
- Poorly laid-out steering wheel controls
- Poorly implemented arm rests
- Side mirrors with parts cut off (GM) that are useful
- Cheap feeling door handles
- Vague steering

Stop speaking so poorly of Chevrolet's already !!
laugh.gif

So does my Journey but I have driven enough other Chrysler vehicles that have it and I'm sure they are going to push it on more and more vehicles.

So does my Journey but I have driven enough other Chrysler vehicles that have it and I'm sure they are going to push it on more and more vehicles.

They are getting some push-back on it, so perhaps not. My wife's Durango has it and both of us greatly prefer the shifter in the Jeep.

Have you seen it on the dash in the trucks??
crazy2.gif

Yeah my neighbor has a Ram and I think it's the most ridiculous thing ever. Adam's uncle in Peterborough has the Rebel version and that makes it even more stupid.

Nothing screams I like feeling the wind over my ****** like one of those shifters in a big truck like a RAM.
lol.gif

Last edited:
Yeah my neighbor has a Ram and I think it's the most ridiculous thing ever. Adam's uncle in Peterborough has the Rebel version and that makes it even more stupid.

Nothing screams I like feeling the wind over my ****** like one of those shifters in a big truck like a RAM.
lol.gif

Yup, we have two 2015's at work, both top-trim Laramie models and it looks really out of place on them
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back