M1 0w-30 (Newb alert!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I mistakenly picked up M1 0w-30 and put it in my wifes '05 Acura RL. (5w-20 is the recommended, and what I used last time)

We live in Florida and it is starting to cool off. With that in mind, am I putting wear levels or anything at risk?

I tried searching for 0w-30 and got nothing
21.gif

Enjoy the oil there is not a whole lot of difference in the actual viscosity to make any real difference ,even in the coldest FLA. winters.

Yeah dude, don't talk to me about it being cold in Florida at any point during the year. LOL. If you aren't comfortable with it, just go with a 20 weight at the next oil change. It won't hurt anything.

welcome2.gif

Picking the 'wrong' oil was a complete non-event.
0w-30 will work just as well as the 0w-20. (Better, IMO!)

Are you aware of the $10 rebate when you buy 5 quarts of M1 in either of these flavors? Check the rebate thread for a coupon link.

Originally Posted By: csimon01
Tonight I mistakenly picked up M1 0w-30 and put it in my wifes '05 Acura RL. (5w-20 is the recommended, and what I used last time)

We live in Florida and it is starting to cool off. With that in mind, am I putting wear levels or anything at risk?

21.gif

you'll be just fine. actually depending on what you have used in the past you and the car might actually love this oil.

for searching try this - type this in google - "0w-30 site:bobistheoilguy.com" (without the quotes ofcourse)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StevieC
welcome2.gif

If you vehicle is still under warranty I would stick with the 20wt oil, otherwise it will be just fine IMO.

show me where the use of a 30 wt has caused engine failure where a 20wt was specified. (all else being equal)

21.gif

You'll be fine
thumbsup2.gif

Also,Floridians dont know what winter is
lol.gif

Thanks for the info and the welcome guys.

(Oh, and it's North Florida)
28.gif

LOL, that's like "South Canada"
grin2.gif

The 0w30 won't hurt a thing, however at the next OC use the 5W20 that the engine calls for

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Florida.... winter..... LOL!!!!

Yeah, give it a couple months. Then we'll be laughing. . .
wink.gif

I'll be driving in 4-HI getting 12Mpg and having a blast actually
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back