Looking to get tires mounted only not balanced

I have some wheels I just cleaned up and a set of snow tires I want to get mounted. I do not want them balanced as I handle that myself. Does anyone know of any places to go that are cheap that will mount only? They are 16in wheels for my 98 ford ranger so nothing special.

Walmart says they will mount for $11. Does not say that balance is required. I would call and talk to my local Walmart about this.

Walmart says they will mount for $11. Does not say that balance is required. I would call and talk to my local Walmart about this.
Called Walmart and the lady said its 10 per tire plus an additional fee for balancing. I told her I didn't want them balanced and she was hesitant as it seems to be a liability thing.

My local Wal-Mart stores charge one rate for mounting and balancing tires that you buy from them, but a different rate (roughtly twice as much) if you carry in the tires.

I have some wheels I just cleaned up and a set of snow tires I want to get mounted. I do not want them balanced as I handle that myself. Does anyone know of any places to go that are cheap that will mount only? They are 16in wheels for my 98 ford ranger so nothing special.
Do you have a spin balancer??? If not why not just let them do it right...IMO

I'm a semi truck mechanic and have mounted many tires in my life.

Unless you're dealing with low profile tires, if you have wheels with no tires on them, installing tires is easier than you think. Two tire irons, Murphy's soap, valve stem tool, starting fluid and a lighter. You reinstall the valve core the second you do the starting fluid method so the tire doesn't suck itself flat because of sudden hot-cool effect.

Spray a wick 3 feet from the tire if your scared.

You can buy a bead seating tank on Amazon under $90.

My post might be meaningless to the thread starter but may provide useful info for someone else.

Another tip, most all wheels have a drop center. You need to install the tire on the correct side of the wheel first which makes it easy. If you do it with the wheel turned the wrong way, it is much harder to pop the tire in the wheel. How he did it at :43 seconds is correct

Well I already have a manual tire changer and have been doing my own tires for years. Difference is i sand blasted and painted some wheels and my manual method always scratches the rim so i was looking to get them installed without scratching the rim up. I prefer to balance it myself because i always seem to have vibration issues every time i get tires balanced somewhere. I have not had any vibration issues in the years ive been doing it on my own.

Another vote for DIY. Tire shops are the most uppity of all the mechanics because they think you have to use them. Hence the double fees for outside tires, etc.

Apparently if you cut up a flexible cutting board (that sort of plastic) and use it between your tire irons and rim it protects the paint. You can duct tape the plastic over the irons or whatever.

Well I already have a manual tire changer and have been doing my own tires for years. Difference is i sand blasted and painted some wheels and my manual method always scratches the rim so i was looking to get them installed without scratching the rim up. I prefer to balance it myself because i always seem to have vibration issues every time i get tires balanced somewhere. I have not had any vibration issues in the years ive been doing it on my own.
if walmart will do it cheap why not just send it and rebalance yourself if you need?

I'd take them to WalMart or find a used tire place that could to it. These places seem to be popping up more and more these days. You should be able to get tires mounted for $10 each with no balance performed.

I once had to go to BBS Wheels for some warranty work, they had what amounted to this with plastic covers:

Ive used one and it aint that fun, but if you can balance them mount them.

I'm a semi truck mechanic and have mounted many tires in my life.

Unless you're dealing with low profile tires, if you have wheels with no tires on them, installing tires is easier than you think. Two tire irons, Murphy's soap, valve stem tool, starting fluid and a lighter. You reinstall the valve core the second you do the starting fluid method so the tire doesn't suck itself flat because of sudden hot-cool effect.

Spray a wick 3 feet from the tire if your scared.

You can buy a bead seating tank on Amazon under $90.

My post might be meaningless to the thread starter but may provide useful info for someone else.
I recently mounted four 14 inch trailer tires at home. Had no trouble breaking the beads. Spent 3 days mounting 4 tires lol. Had a terrible time getting them over the rims and yes I was working on the thin side.

Back