Looking for a good all-in-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. Gone are the days when I had the time and energy to do a claying followed up a three step Zaino wax job. So, I guess what I'm looking for is a great all-in-one so I can get rid of most or all of the various wax bottles that clutter up the storage cabinet.

Firstly, I realize the perfect product probably doesn't exist to fulfill all the tasks I'm looking for a single AIO to live up to. I'm just looking for opinions on what would get me closest.

The wax will be applied by a DA Porter-Cable 7424 and removed by hand using microfiber cloths. OTC product as well as special order will be considered.

The cars:

1)Black 4 door sedan: Semi-garage queen. Driven 5k miles a year and rarely in winter.

2)Black 4 door wagon: Daily driver that gets driven year around and sits out uncovered all in a parking lot. Garaged at night. Bird poop magnet and gets beaten down by the sun.

3)Dark Green SUV: Daily driver that sits out all the time.

4)Bright Red convertible: Garage queen. Driven at most 2000 miles a year.

The paint on all the vehicles range from OK to pretty darn good shape.

Important criteria is as follows:

1)Longevity
2)Depth of shine
3)Light scratch and imperfection removal/concealment
4)Ease of removal

99)smell
100)cost

I'm just finishing up a bottle of Klasse- my first attempt at finding my perfect AIO. It has great longevity- still beading up after 4-5 months on the daily drivers and 6 months on the lesser used cars. It also removes minor imperfections pretty well. But it really didn't give me the rich, deep shine I'm looking for. That may be because the Klasse trades deep shine for longevity, I dunno.

Some names I've heard tossed around here as favorites are Duragloss, Collinite, and some others. Maybe one of those is worth a try? I've also been considering Zaino's AIO. I liked the depth their multi-step products gave so I'm considering seeing how their one step wax works.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

AIO's are compromise products by nature. I know you want a lot out of an AIO, but you're going to have to compromise somewhere.

It's good that price is #100 on your list, because cost doesn't play a part with AIO's. There is no such thing as a super-spendy Zymol estate AIO, or anything silly like that. A cost-is-no-object AIO doesn't exist.

The best AIO's I've ever used is Klasse and Zaino. Klasse and Zaino shine well, last a long time, do not stain trim, and are easy to use. Those are the things a good AIO should do.

Most AIO's are the same due to their designed limitations. Asking one to provide some extra nuance like depth of shine is not a reasonable goal for an AIO. Top it with a carnauba if you want some depth. Since you're a Zaino user, you should be able to slap on a coat of Z2 or Z5 in less than 15 mins per car. That's all you need.

What you're wanting to accomplish is very easy with what you now have and a good AIO. That's my one-step detail which I can knock out in a couple hours. One of my most profitable details. I love AIO's for customers who are not super picky but can afford my prices.

I've used Nu Finish on three cars and it's longevity is great.

I would say that it gives a good shine on dark finishes but not on light finishes where it also highlights scratches a bit.

As for ease of removal, I haven't tried as I want to minimize the time I spend protecting cars!

Pinnacle XMT360 really works well and just might be the one you're looking for. Autogeek sells it. I have a half dozen AIO's from various makers including the original Klasse (pre VOC compliant) and this one really surprised me. It removes marring well, isn't picky about humidity etc., and has nice depth/shine. I expected mediocrity but it genuinely performs better than any of the others I have.

I absolutely love Duragloss 101. Beautiful shine, long lasting, and easy to use. What more could you want?

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
Pinnacle XMT360 really works well and just might be the one you're looking for. Autogeek sells it. I have a half dozen AIO's from various makers including the original Klasse (pre VOC compliant) and this one really surprised me. It removes marring well, isn't picky about humidity etc., and has nice depth/shine. I expected mediocrity but it genuinely performs better than any of the others I have.

This stuff is very intriguing. The directions state- apply a quarter size amount to your buffer pad and work until haze is removed. While on one hand that definitely make for easier use, I'm concerned that it wold dry and be removed without allowing adequate time to work trouble spots. For some reason all my cars seem "dry", like they suck the wax right up.

One solution, I suppose, would be to just reapply on that area if necessary. Not a big deal, but I could imagine the product being used up much quicker.

It has great reviews at Autogeek and the sample pics look amazing.

The trick is take the time to prime the fresh pad well initially. I haven't noticed needing/using any more product with 360 than others. Claying first does wonders and is necessary in most cases. That's in my opinion of course.

I love Duragloss 501. It meets all of your points because (1) it has great longevity, (2) good shine, (3) very good imperfection removal with both its strong cleaners and nano-abrasives, (4) is easily removed and it doesn't stain trim and (100) is quite inexpensive.

I plan on researching the others mentioned here and placing an order in the next day or two so Santa can make sure it's under the tree. The Meg's looks kinda nice, so does the Pinaccle. I'm not sure I can roll with Nu-Finish. I remember that old orange bottle in my Grampa's garage and how he'd slap it on his old beaters and barely wipe it off. I know that isn't giving the product a fair shake, and it has it's fans around here, but that's a burned in image tough to overcome. Duragloss is also well regarded on BITOG and is in the running. Zaino AIO is as well. I'll update and let you guys know. Thanks for the input!

The trick is take the time to prime the fresh pad well initially.

Could you explain how to do this?

I second Duragloss #501 as another good choice.

Duragloss 501 is advertised as a boat and RV polish. Are the amount of abrasives and cleaners in it too harsh for car use?

Originally Posted By: meangreen01

I second Duragloss #501 as another good choice.

Duragloss 501 is advertised as a boat and RV polish. Are the amount of abrasives and cleaners in it too harsh for car use?

Many people use 501 on their cars. It will clean and remove minor imperfections and oxidation but not major scratches. I usually use Meg Ultimate Compound prior to using 501 and the Meg has a lot more cut and yet everyone would consider the Meg safe for car use.

I don't use AIO's very often except for my RV. On it I use Meguire's cleaner wax and it goes on and off pretty well, cleans pretty good, shine not bad and will last an average amount of time. I put one coat on and layer it with a pure carnuaba on the RV and it still looks brand new today (its a 2006). I wax it 2x a year.

I couldn't decide between Duragloss #501 or Pinnacle 360, so I just got both LOL. Both are 16oz bottles and I wax enough that I'm sure they won't be sitting collecting dust too long. Plus, Autogeek has free shipping till midnight tonite, so if anyone needs some product now is a good time. Get an additional 10% off by using the code "autopia". I also threw a couple buffing pads in on the order for good measure. A green and a white. Thanks again for everyone's input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back