light duty gas filters

I know not many cars have replaceable external fuel filters but we still change a fair amount and many times we have to wait for them or find one in stock somewhere and wait to get it a transfer from a warehouse. I know everything is a numbers game but it seems like all the sudden they are being listed as obsolete or sell off until stock is depleted with no new number

I know not many cars have replaceable external fuel filters but we still change a fair amount and many times we have to wait for them or find one in stock somewhere and wait to get it a transfer from a warehouse. I know everything is a numbers game but it seems like all the sudden they are being listed as obsolete or sell off until stock is depleted with no new number
We are especially seeing this due to recent supply disruptions & consequently the prices sky rocketed. What a lot of suppliers did was go to other companies to buy products for less. In the mix there may not be any updated part number with the new manufacturer to replace the old number with so the old one is getting purged. Some other companies pick up on these obsolete part numbers so keep trying. Unfortunately, I've seen the same thing too and some parts will never come back.

We are especially seeing this due to recent supply disruptions & consequently the prices sky rocketed. What a lot of suppliers did was go to other companies to buy products for less. In the mix there may not be any updated part number with the new manufacturer to replace the old number with so the old one is getting purged. Some other companies pick up on these obsolete part numbers so keep trying. Unfortunately, I've seen the same thing too and some parts will never come back.
For this reason I've started to build a stockpile of parts for my older vehicles. When I see close out deals on parts I use I tend to buy 4-5 now instead of just 1 or 2.

My 91 F150 is currently getting all sorts of close out deals from Advance Auto. I think they're trying to reset their inventory, without parts for my truck in it. I suspect these inventory purges come in waves, when shareholders want a leaner running company or whatever.

Back