Lets talk printers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
Here is the thread that helped when buying a Brother laser. I could not live without All-In-One. I fax a lot. If you only need to print it will be simple. Get Brother.

Laser Printer Recommendations

Brother all the way! We have been through at least 10 printers in my wifes home business. The Brother all in one 8740 stands head and shoulders above all we have had.

If your needs are simple and you don't need color or multi-function I would just get a cheap B&W Brother laser that typically go for under $100. I bought mine with a $30 off promotion from the local Staples and it cost me in the $70 range with tax. Far, far superior to any inkjet I've ever used in every way. Brother gets a lot of love on here for good reason.

I've got an old HP laser, and a new Xerox MFP. Both are good. The HP is crisp, and I just don't think it will ever die in a home environment.
The new Xerox was 99. at Best Buy, had a 2 year replacement warranty, setup was easy on home WIFI, and does everything I need. It even prints from Linux and Open Office without trouble. Ink is about 60. for 3000 pages.

I`ve got the Brother 2300 laser printer. Works great for my needs and price is decent. I have not had to replace a cartridge yet and I`ve had it over a year now. I don`t see EVER going back to an ink jet.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Okay, so I decided my inkjet printer is literally the most expensive POS I've ever had to operate.

I'm with you on this one. I don't know why it took me so many years of buying inkjet printers before I realized they are just a money-pit. I never really needed a color printer but did need fax and copy so I finally bought a Brother laser printer. I decided to get a refurbished unit for $99 and paid $14 extra for the 3 year warranty. I couldn't tell this one from a brand new one and here it is two years later it's still printing like a champ. I bought it from Staples. The only bad reviews I read about were people complaining that the screen back-light was making the text hard to read but I don't have any problem.

https://www.staples.com/Brother-EMFCL270...product_1932501

I got fed up with inkjets and bought a refurbished HP Laserjet p1102w for something like 79.00 on sale from Staples. It is now 3 years old, but I've been using the same model at work for 8 years. The intro toner made 983 pages, and subsequent full-size replacements have made 2500 and 2300 pages. (A lot of what I print is not solid pages of text, so YMMV.) A 2-pack of toners costs me about 99.00 on Amazon. If you don't need to print color, and if they still make it, this printer has my recommendation. It's fast, quiet, and small for a laser printer.

Have had many Inkjet and lasers. If all you want is simple B&W printing. ..than the cheapest Samsung or Brother you can find will do. For overall value for money, I have found Brother multifunction Inkjet the best. $50 or less, tr liable as [censored], simple to setup and use, tons of features and genetic cartridges available on the cheap from Amazon.

I had very good experience with Brother. Those ink jet has gone to junk since Carly Fiorina took over HP. You won't solve your paper and "printing from last power on" problem even when you go from inkjet to laser though, that's a user error.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back