Anyone in here a guru on printers?

No, I've never heard of having to pay for driver updates for a consumer printer.

Can you link to that driver or at least clarify that you're using the x64 version of Win7 and it's at least at Service Pack 1 level?

The drivers are on this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/hp-deskjet-3700-all-in-one-printer-series/model/11262035

I had no problem doing a test download. Try this link to it:

If it were my computer, I'd nuke the existing printer setup, remove all HP-related software bloatware, and just install the basic printer and scanner drivers using this package:

Instead of trying to play the "less hated" card, the company could reform its business practices.

But no, it's going to continue to shovel out cr*p to unsuspecting end users (like my relatives), and hope they don't notice the shenanigans that come with owning an HP consumer printer.

W7 security concerns? You guys do realize you're in a place where brake fluid is considered by many to be a lifetime fill, and 15-year old tires are perfectly fine, because those owners have "never had a problem" with either practice. GLWT.

If it were my computer, I'd nuke the existing printer setup, remove all HP-related software bloatware, and just install the basic printer and scanner drivers using this package:

Instead of trying to play the "less hated" card, the company could reform its business practices.

But no, it's going to continue to shovel out cr*p to unsuspecting end users (like my relatives), and hope they don't notice the shenanigans that come with owning an HP consumer printer.

W7 security concerns? You guys do realize you're in a place where brake fluid is considered by many to be a lifetime fill, and 15-year old tires are perfectly fine, because those owners have "never had a problem" with either practice. GLWT.
I downloaded the driver in your link, deleted all other HP programs, and the printer is still doing exactly the same thing. I don't get it...:unsure:

I downloaded the driver in your link, deleted all other HP programs, and the printer is still doing exactly the same thing. I don't get it...:unsure:
Did you delete the software, or uninstall the software and drivers? Did you restart after uninstalling the drivers? Do you know how to navigate to the "Device Manager" interface on your computer?

To open Device Manager. Press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. This should open a Run Box (Figure 1). Figure 1.
Type: devmgmt.msc.
Click OK or press the Enter key.
Device Manager opens.

Try uninstalling the printer from here and then restart. Your computer should find the printer if it's attached and on. When it asks for a driver, navigate to the one you downloaded and install it.

Did you delete the software, or uninstall the software and drivers? Did you restart after uninstalling the drivers? Do you know how to navigate to the "Device Manager" interface on your computer?

To open Device Manager. Press the Windows logo key and the R key simultaneously. This should open a Run Box (Figure 1). Figure 1.
Type: devmgmt.msc.
Click OK or press the Enter key.
Device Manager opens.

Try uninstalling the printer from here and then restart. Your computer should find the printer if it's attached and on. When it asks for a driver, navigate to the one you downloaded and install it.
I uninstalled all HP programs, except for the one I just downloaded. I opened the device manager, but no printer is shown.

Uninstall everything, even the one you downloaded. Don't delete the one you downloaded, just uninstall it. Then reboot.

I have an HP 3755 printer connected to a desktop running windows 7. The printer is printing everything in landscape, and there is no option provided to change it to portrait. It also appears to be printing documents at 200-300% size, as the font comes out so big that only 1/2 to 2/3 of the document fits on the page (paper size 8.5 X 11), however, the document shows its at 75%. Changing any of the settings that are available changes nothing on the print out. I have no idea what to do to get this printer to print correctly. Do any of you have any ideas?
Are you changing settings in the program you use to open documents, or in the printer driver? check both
What file formats are these "documents" that you are trying to print? Are they all exclusively Microsoft Word documents (e.g., .doc, .docx) or Google docs? If so, have you tried printing other file formats such as .pdf files, .ppt slides, or .jpeg files?

Like Jetronic stated, it may be the default setting in the program, not the printer driver.

Uninstall everything, even the one you downloaded. Don't delete the one you downloaded, just uninstall it. Then reboot.
All HP programs have been uninstalled, and the computer has been rebooted. Now what?

What file formats are these "documents" that you are trying to print? Are they all exclusively Microsoft Word documents (e.g., .doc, .docx) or Google docs? If so, have you tried printing other file formats such as .pdf files, .ppt slides, or .jpeg files?

Like Jetronic stated, it may be the default setting in the program, not the printer driver.
I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. I'm trying to print my 1095 and 1099 tax forms from the Defense and Finance website. I have no idea how to find out what format they're in...I do know I have printed them out in the past with this computer and printer...

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. I'm trying to print my 1095 and 1099 tax forms from the Defense and Finance website. I have no idea how to find out what format they're in...I do know I have printed them out in the past with this computer and printer...
Tax forms are likely PDF. What do you use to open the forms, what software. Adobe acrobat perhaps? Does that software have settings for the print function?

Do you HAVE TO have paper copies? If not, maybe just print as PDF and save the PDF in a place that feels safe to you. Just thinking out loud..

All HP programs have been uninstalled, and the computer has been rebooted. Now what?
Open the device manager (with the printer connected and turned one) Does it show up? If not, does anything happen if you click the box next to the red arrow:

device_manager.jpg

Have you tried printing a few different documents that are saved to your computer's hard drive or from a different website? If it prints correctly, the problem is not with your printer driver.

It is possible that the issue may be a change in the default formatting of the current tax forms at the D&F website and not your printer. If you can download and save (not print) the 1095 and 1099 files to your computer, the file format will be the extension after the dot in the file name (e.g., 1095.pdf, 1099.docx).

Last edited:
It's not unusable but it is a security risk if connected to the internet. Windows 7 has been End of Life (EoL) for quite some time and hasn't been getting security updates.
For most people, behind a router, that statement is more false than true.

Anyone can look through the vulnerabilities and decide if they are affected. I mean those that are unpatched. Next, take a look at the unpatched vulnerabilities on Win10/11. Hmm.....

Back