Anyone in here a guru on printers?

I have an HP 3755 printer connected to a desktop running windows 7. The printer is printing everything in landscape, and there is no option provided to change it to portrait. It also appears to be printing documents at 200-300% size, as the font comes out so big that only 1/2 to 2/3 of the document fits on the page (paper size 8.5 X 11), however, the document shows its at 75%. Changing any of the settings that are available changes nothing on the print out. I have no idea what to do to get this printer to print correctly. Do any of you have any ideas?

if you need to buy Brother seems to be well documented as BEST. got a plain B+W Brother laser after my canon died, surely the best fastest printer i ever had, thanks BITOG users!!!

Control Panel -> Devices and printer -> Right click on the HP Printer -> Properties - > Reset to default. Could probably also go into the Printer preferences and rest to default from there.
There is no option in properties to reset to default.

You or someone that uses that computer changed settings for print defaults. Since you can't find them, just delete the printer and reinstall it. That should restore the default settings.
You have no idea what a nightmare it was to install this printer. No way I'm deleting it...

Are you changing settings in the program you use to open documents, or in the printer driver? check both
I have changed them in the control panel, and when trying to print docs. There are options available in the control panel that don't come up when trying to change options when opening a doc to print. I have changed the settings in both areas and neither have corrected the problem...

You have no idea what a nightmare it was to install this printer. No way I'm deleting it...it worked the last time I used it, and there are only two of us who use this computer, and KNOW neither of us changed any of the printer settings. I don't know what has changed, but I know it happened all on its own...

There is no option in properties to reset to default.
You dont get a window similar to this?

1705192248792.jpg

You have no idea what a nightmare it was to install this printer. No way I'm deleting it...it worked the last time I used it, and there are only two of us who use this computer, and KNOW neither of us changed any of the printer settings. I don't know what has changed, but I know it happened all on its own...

These settings don't change on their own.

Adding a printer is almost dummy-proof. Click Start, select Devices and Printers, click Add a Printer, and a few more clicks.... If it's more complicated than that, you're doing it wrong.

These settings don't change on their own.

Adding a printer is almost dummy-proof. Click Start, select Devices and Printers, click Add a Printer, and a few more clicks.... If it's more complicated than that, you're doing it wrong.
Apparently they did. I KNOW for a fact that neither my wife or I changed the settings on this printer. Maybe I did do the installation wrong, but I am not removing the printer and reinstalling it. It was a nightmare, and it was nowhere as easy as you claimed it to be...

Maybe I did do the installation wrong
If the settings were okay, you didn't install anything wrong.
and it was nowhere as easy as you claimed it to be...
Those are the steps right from Microsoft. You can dig in and insist the settings changed on their own, refuse to remove and reinstall the printer, and just live with the printouts they way they are, I guess.

I still haven't figured out how to do a scan on my basic Canon printer that I've had for a year. All I know to do is print.

I still haven't figured out how to do a scan on my basic Canon printer that I've had for a year. All I know to do is print.
Granted I'm running Linux but I had to install secondary scanner software to get my Epson to work. There may be additional software for your printer.

If the settings were okay, you didn't install anything wrong.

Those are the steps right from Microsoft. You can dig in and insist the settings changed on their own, refuse to remove and reinstall the printer, and just live with the printouts they way they are, I guess.
All I know is the last time I used it, it printed fine, now it's not, and nobody in this household changed any of the settings. So either we have a ghost living with us, or these settings changed on their own. There are no other possibilities...

Back