Land Rover Evoque

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks all for the replies. I think it will drop in on a few Evoque specific forums to see what is being said about them. I am looking for a nicer crossover as a commuter vehicle and the Evoque appeals to me (for some strange reason).

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: StevieC
QP did I say I was an expert? NO I didn't, I stated an opinion.

And the OP asked for experience.

Yeah because that means anything on BITOG.
smirk.gif

Seems like the new transmission and turbo lag in the pre-2014 models is a headache along with a few quirky electrical issues. I will have to study more and also look at other vehicles too.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Seems like the new transmission and turbo lag in the pre-2014 models is a headache along with a few quirky electrical issues. I will have to study more and also look at other vehicles too.

Quattro Pete are you ok with this? Just wanted to make sure.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Quattro Pete are you ok with this? Just wanted to make sure.
Leave your baloney out of my thread. This adds ZERO value--if you want to argue with another member do it elsewhere.

I'm merely asking if he agrees because what you posted is based on internet information which he doesn't seem to agree with.
wink.gif

Last edited:
I've been following the Disco Sport since it's release and it's definitely had its share of teething problems such as a squeaky B pillar fixed by some welding of the frame (you can find it with a search). I think they're finally starting to screw it together a bit better now and I guess you take a chance being a beta tester with new models. Perhaps the Evoque is better since it's been out longer. Not sure with the Evoque but the UK Disco Sport forum is way more active than the US one.

Both the Disco Sport and the Evoque get new Ingenium engines for 2018.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/ingenium-engine-power-new-evoque-and-discovery

Rovers are probably the worst built vehicles that are considered status symbols...them and Harleys...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Stevie, I am not going to argue with you. The OP is smart enough to filter B S and draw his own conclusions.

So it's ok for him to do that but not me. Gotcha.
21.gif

That's the last I will say.

Originally Posted By: HoosierJeeper
Landrovers should be bought with a premium towing plan and rental car provided under the warranty terms. You WILL need it.

Have you over owned a Land Rover? He's asking for first hand experience.

Of course not, but he's read a lot of books about it...

Originally Posted By: bluesubie
Both the Disco Sport and the Evoque get new Ingenium engines for 2018.
Stopped by and looked at a few at NW Houston Land Rover. Quite a few 2017's they are trying to move, but I would be interested in the new engine. Several 2018 Jaguar SUVs on the lot with diesels in them.

I really like the little Evoque.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back