2019+ Volvo S60

These have caught my eye recently. They seem to depreciate quicker than most cars in their segment, so they look to be very good values at two to four years old. I was thinking a CPO might work for me.

I see that the 2022s have a "mild" hybrid engine. Anyone have experience with these?

They've been owned by Geely, a chinese company, since 2010. That isn't a big deal to some & major deal to others. These cars have been around for a while now. Volvo is a "Luxury" auto & suffer depreciation similar to the others. They demand a higher price up front but that tumbles down more than a cheaper car does after driving it off the lot. I've only put on 1,000 miles on the XC90 in the signature & am really enjoying it so far. When you're spending a good chunk of money like that it's wise to have it checked out first. If you can afford an aftermarket power train warranty at least for the first couple years just to make sure you got a decent car would be good. Good luck!

They've been owned by Geely, a chinese company, since 2010. That isn't a big deal to some & major deal to others. These cars have been around for a while now. Volvo is a "Luxury" auto & suffer depreciation similar to the others. They demand a higher price up front but that tumbles down more than a cheaper car does after driving it off the lot. I've only put on 1,000 miles on the XC90 in the signature & am really enjoying it so far. When you're spending a good chunk of money like that it's wise to have it checked out first. If you can afford an aftermarket power train warranty at least for the first couple years just to make sure you got a decent car would be good. Good luck!
Thanks. I think I would only go CPO on a car like this.

Check reviews for dashboard issues. I know the V60s in the current generation are plagued with full display going solid green or solid magenta, due to software issues. When this happens, you lose gauges and controls until the car is turned off and restarted. Also, some owners are reporting that dashboard controls get sluggish when the vehicle is in bad cel signal coverage. According to the Volvo forums, dealers keep citing firmware fixes but there are a lot of frustrated posts about fixes not working, and patches being delayed. the software is contracted out to google, according to the internet.

Check reviews for dashboard issues. I know the V60s in the current generation are plagued with full display going solid green or solid magenta, due to software issues. When this happens, you lose gauges and controls until the car is turned off and restarted. Also, some owners are reporting that dashboard controls get sluggish when the vehicle is in bad cel signal coverage. According to the Volvo forums, dealers keep citing firmware fixes but there are a lot of frustrated posts about fixes not working, and patches being delayed. the software is contracted out to google, according to the internet.
Thanks. Do you know which years are affected?

Back