KYB shocks now garbage

I have gone through 2 sets of KYB shocks in the last 2 years on my 70 Chevelle SS due to them leaking. Years ago these shocks were great when used on similar cars but something has changed. I just swithced to Bilsteins which although are about double the price give a much better ride and hopefully won't leak!
I just had KYB shocks/struts installed on our old 2003 Ford Taurus and it rides
as good as new.
Actually, it's been a few months back but, they are doing an amazing job, imo.
I also run KYB MonoMax on my 2002 F-150 extended cab FX4 and they are the best shocks I've ever owned.
By far.

Dang. I just put a set of KG5563 Gas Adjusts on the Shadow. I can't see the rod on these, but I will be keeping an eye out for leaks.

I need to put shocks on a van this year. I was looking at KYB and I’m gonna have to break my no Chinesium rule on “critical” parts/pads/tires now.

Not going with Monroe, those PRTs at Rock and the rebrands at AZ/O’Reilly are tempting.

as good as new.
I also run KYB MonoMax on my 2002 F-150 extended cab FX4 and they are the best shocks I've ever owned.
By far.
Have you ever tried Bilstein?

as good as new.

Have you ever tried Bilstein?
Once yes. They made my truck ride like a log truck.
Even the highway joints were uncomfortable.
The MonoMax is very smooth yet, not hardly any body roll or front
end dip when braking.

Thats ODD because my experience and that from others has been totaly different. If you are happy thats all that counts. Back in the day when they were in my 71 Skylark they performed well but I have been told they are made different now, and are more BUSY then ever. Never had shocks leak so much!

Once yes. They made my truck ride like a log truck.

Thats ODD because my experience and that from others has been totaly different. If you are happy thats all that counts. Back in the day when they were in my 71 Skylark they performed well but I have been told they are made different now, and are more BUSY then ever. Never had shocks leak so much!
Yep. Very happy with KYB. Thanks.
Will continue to use them in the future.

Back