KYB gas adjust first impressions

Just put 4 KYBs on my 59 Galaxie 500. I had some yellow parts store specials on the rear and standard Excel-G on the front.

I lowered the front with shorter springs 2 years ago, and the front bounced....bad. I know I was out of the shock's correct height with a 2.5" lower ride.

I found a 2000 RAM Van 1500 is the same shock as my 59 Ford but 1.5" shorter! Perfect, I ordered those on RA and the standard Gas Adjust for the rear.

Rear made in Japan, and front Malaysia for those curious minds.

All 4 of the shocks are wicked stiff out of the box, and a little fighting to get them compressed. Much more so than the old ones which are not leaking or have more than 5000 miles on them.

After a good 100 mile ride today, I only have great things to say. Eliminate the bounce of this lowered boat very happy. We will see how long they hold up in this weekend cruiser.
20230914_214547.jpg
20230917_101106.jpg
20230303_232708.jpg
20220524_195954.jpg

Sweet car.

I put those shocks in my SUV several years back. I had Monroe Sensa-trac in that lasted a total of 10k miles/2 years. 8/10 years later the Gas-A-Just are still like new. I have heard some bashing of KYB lately and I havent’ bought a new set in at least 5 years, but the ones I bought prior are still in service and fantastic, these and others.

Nice ride! I have the exact shock on my Impala. I also ran them on my Chevelle and Judge. For me, they have been an excellent shock for the money.

I used them exclusively for twenty five years on mid-size cars and trucks. The ride was perfect for my taste, a little stiff at first, but to me they get perfect quickly. I had one pair that got a little lazy after 100K, but the warranty took care of that. My current vehicles are newer and don't get enough miles to need replacements yet, but I would readily try them again.

Just put 4 KYBs on my 59 Galaxie 500. I had some yellow parts store specials on the rear and standard Excel-G on the front.

I lowered the front with shorter springs 2 years ago, and the front bounced....bad. I know I was out of the shock's correct height with a 2.5" lower ride.

I found a 2000 RAM Van 1500 is the same shock as my 59 Ford but 1.5" shorter! Perfect, I ordered those on RA and the standard Gas Adjust for the rear.

Rear made in Japan, and front Malaysia for those curious minds.

All 4 of the shocks are wicked stiff out of the box, and a little fighting to get them compressed. Much more so than the old ones which are not leaking or have more than 5000 miles on them.

After a good 100 mile ride today, I only have great things to say. Eliminate the bounce of this lowered boat very happy. We will see how long they hold up in this weekend cruiser. View attachment 179138View attachment 179139View attachment 179140View attachment 179141
Very nice car and, a great choice on the shocks.
I have KYB Monomax on my 2002 Ford F-150 FX4 and they ride better than
any shock I've ever used. Excellent control as well.
Took all sway out of the truck.

Back