Kitchen counter transmission rebuild

The inside of the aluminum case half's are clean but will get the oil out with the parts washer then rinse with hot water. Then bead blast the outside for appearance sake. Follow with hot water rinse. No nooks or crannies so any risk of leaving behind grit particles inside?
You have a dishwasher right there...... I'm just sayin.....

Dawn and 4 cycles!

Cool, I did similar eons ago, a kitchen table Al powerglide overhaul, and mud hole remove and install job in pouring rain as well. It was for some friends that were out of work at the time and at their place and table.

C. 1990, I was a few hundred miles from home in southern Vermont and had to replace the clutch in my 1976 BMW 2002. I had only a tiny one-car garage at my friend’s house and basic hand tools. But the real kicker was I had to share the garage with a live goat the few days it took me to get it done. The goat was to be the main attraction at a large house warming/christening party the next week.

I normally am a big animal-lover. But once you spend a week in a tiny garage, dropping a transmission and doing a clutch job with a live goat, you are happy to slit that throat.

The 1978 GE dishwasher is pretty impressive.
More like mid 80s.
You’d think with all the money saved with countertop rebuilds and taking car advertising pics in front of somebody else’s house, somewhere along the way there’d have been money in the budget for a kitchen reno.

Oh wait, that money was spent on driving 2000 miles to save $50 on shipping. My bad. 🤣
I'd do a garage addition before a kitchen redo, but at $160k, not right now.

C. 1990, I was a few hundred miles from home in southern Vermont and had to replace the clutch in my 1976 BMW 2002. I had only a tiny one-car garage at my friend’s house and basic hand tools. But the real kicker was I had to share the garage with a live goat the few days it took me to get it done. The goat was to be the main attraction at a large house warming/christening party the next week.

I normally am a big animal-lover. But once you spend a week in a tiny garage, dropping a transmission and doing a clutch job with a live goat, you are happy to slit that throat.
Goats, I learned not to like them when I went to a friends place years ago, that owned one. At least my car was a junker, but I did not appreciate it climbing up on to the roof and hood etc. Goats love to climb, hooves work miracles on auto paint. I'm surprised it didn't sleep on top your car.

Goats, I learned not to like them when I went to a friends place years ago, that owned one. At least my car was a junker, but I did not appreciate it climbing up on to the roof and hood etc. Goats love to climb, hooves work miracles on auto paint. I'm surprised it didn't sleep on top your car.
The goat ate the air filter. No, really it did!

out of college I belonged to VT 251, with the objective being to see all 251 towns in VT. I saw quite a few (probably 70) with my Volvo 264 on the back of a AAA flatbed (I rode up front with the drivers). It saved on fuel costs, but fuel was cheap back then anyway

Back