Kitchen counter transmission rebuild

I have used a kitchen funnel for engine coolant and cleaned a boat flame arrestor in dishwasher but that's it recently.

Years ago I cleaned an oil drain pain in the dishwasher. Got the oil pan really clean but left an oily film all over the inside of the dishwasher.

Me and Sponge Bob….Fry Cooks….

IMG_8281.jpeg

IMG_8282.jpeg

A better place for the fryer than the kitchen if you're frying fish. Have fried fish in the kitchen, and that smell lingers. 😂
It’s at my relatives. Somehow I’m on fry duty every time. We actually gave them the Presto two years ago, as we got it Black Friday maybe 2008??! And it was in our basement unopened. 🙂

It’s at my relatives. Somehow I’m on fry duty every time. We actually gave them the Presto two years ago, as we got it Black Friday maybe 2008??! And it was in our basement unopened. 🙂
Nice. We got my in-laws old double basket fryer when they upgraded. Love it and used to use the crap out of it (Southern folks in Tennessee), but it takes like 4 bottles of oil to change it. Which is stupid expensive now compared to when we got it. Which makes me want to fry something everyday to justify the oil cost, which (besides being unhealthy) kills the oil quicker. An endless cycle, so we've stopped using it.

Anyway, what were we talking about? 😆

My grandparents have a full size stove in their garage, it does casserole on thanksgiving and motorcycle parts the rest of the year.

Anything cooked in that oven has a very faint burning oil taste, it's not easily noticeable though

What are the common issues of the transmission, and how are you addressing them?

I remember when hillary clinton (not trying to be political here i swear) went into a home with a plant growing in the kitchen sink and looked gob smacked. I now wonder how she would've reacted walking into this kitchen with a transmission rebuild going on.

Cool, I did similar eons ago, a kitchen table Al powerglide overhaul, and mud hole remove and install job in pouring rain as well. It was for some friends that were out of work at the time and at their place and table.

Last edited:
I opened the thread expecting at least a 4L60E. A manual? That is a driveway or at best bathtub job. ;)

Kitchen is complete overkill for this job.

You’d think with all the money saved with countertop rebuilds and taking car advertising pics in front of somebody else’s house, somewhere along the way there’d have been money in the budget for a kitchen reno.

Oh wait, that money was spent on driving 2000 miles to save $50 on shipping. My bad. 🤣

Back