Kendall GT-1 Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the first of July I was transferred to one of our other plants, that is 95 miles away, and given a company car to drive. The car is a 2007 Altima. When I first started driving it, it had a fresh change of Havoline 5W30 in it and was averaging around 26.3 miles per gallon. At the end of that OCI it was serviced by a different service center. I noticed that the fuel mileage jumped to around 27 mpg. I tried different brands of fuel but, the mpg stayed at 27. Toward the end of that OCI (5500 miles) the mpg crept up to around 27.5. I had the car serviced earlier this week and the mpg is still at 27.5. I called the service center to find out what brand of oil that they used in our company cars and the manager told me that all our cars get Kendall GT-1 synthetic blend. I plan to try Kendall in my wife's car at the next change and see if I get similar results. Anyone else have any experience with Kendall and fuel mileage increase?

Originally Posted By: zloveraz
Which GT-1 product? Synthetic blend, full synthetic, high mileage or high performance?

Oops never mind I see the OP referenced the full synthetic...

Which GT-1 product? Synthetic blend, full synthetic, high mileage or high performance?

Oops never mind I see the OP referenced the full synthetic...

It is the GT-1 synthetic Blend.

Are you driving the 3.5 or 2.5? I use to get 34 mpg's with my 07 Altima 2.5 on the highway. The car was a great longhaul cruiser!

It's been one of the best synthetic oils I've tried that was priced just under $5 bucks per quart! Unfortunately now both Auto Zone and PEP Boys doesn't have it anymore and I won't drive to another county to get 6 quarts. Too bad for me:-(

Get it while you can IF you see it on the shelve.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
Are you driving the 3.5 or 2.5? I use to get 34 mpg's with my 07 Altima 2.5 on the highway. The car was a great longhaul cruiser!

I am driving a 2.5S. My commute is 95 miles one way and consists of 50% mountains, 30% highway and 20% city.

Originally Posted By: Durango
It's been one of the best synthetic oils I've tried that was priced just under $5 bucks per quart! Unfortunately now both Auto Zone and PEP Boys doesn't have it anymore and I won't drive to another county to get 6 quarts. Too bad for me:-(

Get it while you can IF you see it on the shelve.

Durango

Yeah, it's the same around here. The only store that sells it here is O'reilly's. If more people get results similar to mine it might develop a greater following.

Hi Durango. Did you ever heck with your local Conoco Phillips marketer? I get mine by the case from them for less than $4 qt. The web site shows them.

JOHNACHAK,

I admit I haven't considered asking them..... My local PEP BOYS for some reason has cut back allot on the selection of oils they use to have for sale. Now all they have is the major brand stuff that costs around $8 buck/quart range. This is for synthetic of course. The only synthetic low buck oil they have is PEAK and I don't know much about these guys to ty it. Auto Zone has slightl better selection but not to my likeing.

What the heck is going on with PEP BOYS????

Durango

I am using Kendall GT1 5w-20 Full Synthetic in my 2007 Corolla Sedan, Gen 10, goes very well, gives 6.7 to 7.1 litres per 110Klm on the highway.
This is not the Titanium brew, that is not available over here yet.

From 26.3 to 27 mpg? Wow, that is *huge* change!!!

Sorry for being so sarcastic but statistically, this is just a measurement noise.

- Vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back