It's the most moronic idiotic thing I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
In such a case, one person is going to jail for assault, and the other person is going to jail for destroying another person's property.

I'm not going to get on any high-horse about such a situation, but I will say that intentionally destroying a person's property due to their carelessness is definitely two wrongs at play.

Originally Posted By: Jetronic
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
If anyone walks into me while looking at their phone, I can guarantee it'll go to the floor. Maybe that'll get the message home.

That's a good way to get your [censored] beat. Do you feel like paying for a $900 phone?

no, and if that happens they'll be paying for my time off work. Hitting me with a cellphone or not IS assault and battery here. jail time is also possible

Time off work? Assault, battery? Jail time? You'll have a hard time convincing anyone it's assault or you need time off work to recover because someone accidentally bumped into you walking down the street.

His point was, "if someone bumps into me, I'm smashing their phone."

My point was, if you smash my $900 phone, you're getting a beat down.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Your car was "totaled" not "totalled". A lack of spelling skills is one of those "moronic, idiotic" things that many of us see on a regular basis.

He is using the British spelling. As you should be aware, turtlevette is a well known Anglophile here.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Originally Posted By: Michael_P
261759_10201526065860542_1313897507_n1.jpg

And you believe Einstein actually said this? Guess it's true cause you read it on the Internet.
laugh.gif

I found this on a site called Quote Investigator. I like it!

"I have a different fear. I fear the day that individuals will believe that Einstein actually made one of these inane statements."

Originally Posted By: Garak
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Your car was "totaled" not "totalled". A lack of spelling skills is one of those "moronic, idiotic" things that many of us see on a regular basis.

He is using the British spelling. As you should be aware, turtlevette is a well known Anglophile here.
wink.gif

Similar to "canceled" and "cancelled" both being acceptable spellings.

I had this conversation while eating dinner at a restaurant the other night. There were more people on dates, or with their family, that were doing something (Facebook probably) on their phones rather than living in the moment and socializing with those around them. I mean, it's one thing to use your phone for a second and then put it away, but a lot of people seemed to be using their devices the entire time they were there.

If anyone walks into me while looking at their phone, I can guarantee it'll go to the floor. Maybe that'll get the message home.

That's a good way to get your [censored] beat. Do you feel like paying for a $900 phone?

no, and if that happens they'll be paying for my time off work. Hitting me with a cellphone or not IS assault and battery here. jail time is also possible

Time off work? Assault, battery? Jail time? You'll have a hard time convincing anyone it's assault or you need time off work to recover because someone accidentally bumped into you walking down the street.

it's not accidental, it's negligent. identical to driving and texting

Last edited:
His point was, "if someone bumps into me, I'm smashing their phone."

My point was, if you smash my $900 phone, you're getting a beat down.

I'm saying it'll fall as they run into me. I'm not taking it off them and smashing it into the ground. That would be idiotic.

He's talking about me getting my [censored] kicked afterwards...

[
He's talking about me getting my [censored] kicked afterwards...

I wouldn't see anything wrong with throwing a massive body block into someone about to walk into you. If you could get the elbow at throat level, so much the better.

And texters that cause auto accidents need to be sued for punitive damages. That's the only way to stop it. Cops can't prove it. In mass you can subpoena the records. If they have a bunch of texts close to the time of the crash, its adequate to prove gross negligence.

Last edited:

You clearly implied that if anyone bumps into you while looking at their phone, you'd intentionally knock it to the ground to "get the message home."

You can walk it back, but that was the implication.

If someone bumps into you and you intentionally break their phone to make a point, and they retaliate, I don't think the results will be all that clear-cut in Court.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
These threads about idiots and smartphones, always end up with many apologists and excuse makers defending the use of them. Accusations of not being "up" on technology and so forth. And the inevitable comparisons toward other inventions and the impact they had on society and that anybody that doesn't accept them and how they are used is somehow an old, antiquated relic of the past.

Hogwash. The things have uses that can be valuable...but they are costing us all much more than they are worth. Trying to explain what I mean is a waste of time....so I won't bother.

Well said and I agree.

Originally Posted By: milkboy

If someone bumps into you and you intentionally break their phone to make a point, and they retaliate, I don't think the results will be all that clear-cut in Court.

Legally there is no justification for attacking someone who causes property damage. But i can understand why someone who is a lowlife hood punk might think so. That's why so many of them end up in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back