It's been a good run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: RichardS
Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: Kira
Funny, I read somewhere that the next Air Force One will be a Russian made jet (Tupolev?).

Lame jab and attempt at sarcasm.

I found it quite humorous.

Not really very funny when the opposing side had far more connections....not imagined ones.

Guess that’s a political comment … but there was another story out where the Feds told Boeing that the cost estimate was too high ~ and now Boeing has proposed modifications to two B748’s a Russian airline (I have flown that one) did not take delivery of ...

Pretty sure it's the last Delta 747, but there are other airlines (non-US) operating the 747-8. That plane will be in service for a while still.

How will they ferry the space shuttle from California to Cape Canaveral?... or is that 747 dedicated to shuttle service?

Originally Posted By: Kestas
How will they ferry the space shuttle from California to Cape Canaveral?... or is that 747 dedicated to shuttle service?

They won't.
The space shuttles have been retired.

Originally Posted By: Kira
Funny, I read somewhere that the next Air Force One will be a Russian made jet (Tupolev?).

That simply,won't happen, ever. Security, image and supporting US jobs are all legitimate reasons. Even if they weren't, Russia has no appropriate aircraft and has a generally lousy reputation in the commercial aircraft sector.

A 747-8 is almost assured to be the choice. And if that doesn't work out, with reliability of modern jet engines, a 777 would be next in line.

Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
Last passenger flight of the 747 for a U.S. airline. Overseas airlines will still be using them.

Heard this on the radio and believe they screwed up. I am begining to believe it is not a world wide thing and could just be one airline. Could have fallen victim to more fake news.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
Originally Posted By: Dave Sherman
Last passenger flight of the 747 for a U.S. airline. Overseas airlines will still be using them.

I am begining to believe it is not a world wide thing and could just be one airline. Could have fallen victim to more fake news.

Are you serious?? Of course it’s not worldwide. Many non US Airlines still use them. British Airways, Lufthansa, KLM, Korean, and Qantas to name a few.

United and Delta retire the type from their fleets and everyone loses their minds. *rolls eyes*

It has definitely been a good run for these birds. These 747-400s became part of Delta's fleet due to the merger with Northwest. Northwest was the launch customer for the 744, so these are some of the oldest 747s still in service. The one that flew this flight today was built in 1989. It's not quite the end of the road for them just yet though. They're going to be used for a number of charter flights over the next couple weeks, mostly for NFL teams I believe. They'll be flown to the desert in January.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
This was the amenities kit on last UA Dreamliner flight

Dreamliner is the 787.

Originally Posted By: maximus
Originally Posted By: 4WD
This was the amenities kit on last UA Dreamliner flight

Dreamliner is the 787.

Right.

But this memorial amenity kit, with the blue tin case featuring the 747, is handed out on all our international flights.

For example, on this airplane, going to London

Or this one, just back from Paris

Here's the final Delta 747 coming into MSP, wrapping up their farewell tour. They did this low pass then came around and landed a few minutes later. So many people showed up to watch that the police had to block off some roads and direct traffic. I'm glad I was able to use my lunch break to make it there and watch in person. (Not my video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back