It is official FS is not better than Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the system out of frustration. I was not happy with the soot level that was visible when I checked the oil as seen on dip stick and then when I took oil samples.

The new dual remote by-pass system with the new EaO & EaBP defiantly out performs the Filtration Solution FS-2500 there video is for sure smoke and mirrors!
My oil looks so much better than with FS. I just changed the filter system not the oil. In just 1500 miles it is hard to believe in just a short time I am able to tell the difference.

Did you do any UOA's? I was unhappy that my Trasko'd car was turning the oil black, but the UOA was very good. If the soot particles are smaller than the filter can trap, the oil will blacken. But if the remaining particles are small enough to not cause wear, it's not a problem.

I'm not familiar with the FS-2500, just making a general comment that the color of the oil is not a substitute for a UOA.

The oil samples were ok. I was not happy with the sale pitch that said they cleaned the oil and had a video to prove it after watching the video I was sold but in fact Amsoil does clean the oil better so far.

I copied this off of the stop.
Just because ONE person on the internet says something is bad doesn't mean that it is true. Don't believe anything on the internet without investigating the facts.

quote:

Originally posted by Carpenter58:
The oil samples were ok. I was not happy with the sale pitch that said they cleaned the oil and had a video to prove it...

Trasko have the same type of demo pictures, with results I couldn't duplicate. I am happy with the UOA's and continue to use the Trasko. It didn't bother me enough to want to spend more to replace the Trasko, but everyone has their limits!

Good luck with the Amsoil rig.

Yes
It seem to run better, also I believe by reducing the soot the fuel mileage is better I had dropped to 16.5 with out air, now I am up to with air to 18.1 with modest driving.
This is of course at first glance.

You changed from one filter to another and in 1500 miles your vehicle is running better and you have experienced a 9% increase in fuel mileage? That's amazing!

It is indeed I must admit the 16.5 had a little fun driving in that mileage but should account for only 1 mile per gallon but using the air I felt should have compensated for that.

I think you need more data to declare anything about which bypass filter is better. If we could all get a 10% increase in mileage by using Amsoil bypass filters, the company would have to change their name to ByPass filters 'R Us.

quote:

Originally posted by Louie's gone fishing:
I think you need more data to declare anything about which bypass filter is better. If we could all get a 10% increase in mileage by using Amsoil bypass filters, the company would have to change their name to ByPass filters 'R Us.

Louie, you a cranky olde pharte, but sometimes your wisdom is amazing.
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Louie's gone fishing:

I agree more time will indeed give better results an Amsoil already claims better fuel mileage buy using there oil. I did get better mileage right off but as I drove the truck the mileage had fall down I thought it was my driving but if this little test hold up. It will be safe to assume it was not my foot.
Additionally when I used the full flow Amsoil filter the oil was a lot better I was told that I did not need to waste my money on them so I started using ford filters that is when the oil started down hill. I then thought if Amsoil filter helped that much what would a complete system be able to do. So I tried one and the rest is noted.

Bill

Are you going to continue checking your mileage, to confirm the new higher mileage? One tank at a time checking may give errors. If you do 3-5 tanks and total the whole thing before you divede by the miles driven, you might help reduce the filling errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back