It is getting close to this again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the OP video, the first cars seem to be driving slow and careful. After a while, people are zooming along. Not sure why...

My tip.If the big rigs are going slow.So should you. Snow isn't the problem, It is the thawing during the day and freezing at night.
Makes for a lot of slippery roads.

My tip.If the big rigs are going slow.So should you. Snow isn't the problem, It is the thawing during the day and freezing at night.
Makes for a lot of slippery roads.

We get this sort of weather every year in
08.gif
and you would think that people would have learned... Nope... A freaking mess of damaged cars with every snow storm.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
You live in serious snow country (?), I'd be all over a set of Treadwright recaps with ground glass in the rubber. I might not be able to go 50, but I could go when others are not
smile.gif

https://www.treadwright.com/ PS, they are now available at WalMart.com
smile.gif

Alberta is Snow Country or Nothern Ontario. Our weather is light now with climate change. Well except the occasional dumping of heavy snow once and a while. When I was a kid some 30+ years ago it snowed all the time and plenty.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
You live in serious snow country (?), I'd be all over a set of Treadwright recaps with ground glass in the rubber. I might not be able to go 50, but I could go when others are not
smile.gif

https://www.treadwright.com/ PS, they are now available at WalMart.com
smile.gif

Alberta is Snow Country or Nothern Ontario. Our weather is light now with climate change. Well except the occasional dumping of heavy snow once and a while. When I was a kid some 30+ years ago it snowed all the time and plenty.

We got 89 cm (35 inches) in one storm last year late in the year. Curious to see what this year brings.

This one is my all time favorite. All sorts of excitement in this.

(warning: lots of profanity in the audio)

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
In the OP video, the first cars seem to be driving slow and careful. After a while, people are zooming along. Not sure why...

I was wondering that myself. Maybe there was a slowdown farther back that cleared. Regardless, what were some (a lot) of those drivers thinking travelling at those speeds. Even more disturbing, I bet the visibility was poorer than what was shown on the video as evidenced by not seeing the danger ahead.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
People have told me before I'm from Wisconsin/Minnesota/New York.. I know how to drive in the snow. Whatever

Body shops love this time of year,,,good money to be made now thats its winter time....

Originally Posted By: Kira
Like on those "Vodka Videos"-Russian / Eastern European dash cam footage.

Ever notice how fast those imbeciles drive?

I love watching those! Russian dashcam videos are my usual friday night !

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Thats crazy! It's amazing that people kept coming evn though though could see the carnage in front of them.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Last guy in the second video with Cadillac had proper/dedicated winter tyres. He made it no fuss, so would others if they had some common sense fitting winter tyres for driving in snow conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back