Is Wix that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
This the last one I c&p here. NG7356 ~6600 miles 1 year, 15% Honda MM. Silicone adbv, made in US,

Wow-if I could get those for sub-$4, I'd use them too! NAPA here rarely has a sale, and O'Reilly just raised their prices on the Wix ones.

Originally Posted By: Yah-Tah-Hey
Ah yow, we won't name names sir. Thanks. Never intended naming no name to offend. Just an old(don't want to get censored) yammering on. Regards

No offense taken at all. I just know which one you mean, and they seem to have cheapened construction, too, is all, with an apparent switch to a nitrile ADBV. That's certainly not a big issue on its own, but when you take into account price and availability along with something like that, other options start to get attractive.

Look at my G37. The properly specified Wix 51358, with nitrile ADBV, is roughly $10, let's say. That which shall not be named, with an apparent nitrile ADBV, is similar in price, actually a bit more (but I get a jobber price on the Wix, so have to watch that comparison). I can get the Baldwin with a nitrile ADBV for around $5. So, we see some significant price differences here. If I switch to the oversize Wix 57356, I'm looking at a buck or two cheaper than the specified Wix, and I get a silicone ADBV.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Those Fram Ultras on six-pk buys are 2nds. Minor flaws mostly, but once in a while the flaw is something worse. Some of the flaws are inside the can and cannot be seen without a teardown.

So how would those filters be identified as 'flawed' and end up on eBay if nobody could look inside (except Superman with X-ray vision)?

This is a FU (eBay six packer) alongside of an orange can special … I have cut open easily 6 or 7 FU’s … both old and new … no issues (all bought in 6 packs on eBay) … had one with a tiny dent and cut it new … all good.
The orange can was also cut with a proper filter cutter … that debris was there … think about that one flushing if it goes into bypass …

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
This the last one I c&p here. NG7356 ~6600 miles 1 year, 15% Honda MM. Silicone adbv, made in US, div>

Wow-if I could get those for sub-$4, I'd use them too! NAPA here rarely has a sale, and O'Reilly just raised their prices on the Wix ones.

Yep, twice yearly 40% off NG sale in these parts make them a no brainer for me. Unlikely I would use Wix(or NG) if I had to pay O'R prices them. This one another 7356 c&p at ~6k miles off another Honda before the previous one posted.

Unlikely I would use Wix(or NG) if I had to pay O'R prices them.

Well said. I've been making an effort to catch their sale, but I've missed it for the last 3 years.

I'll use them if in a pinch, but that's about it. Good filters nonetheless.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Unlikely I would use Wix(or NG) if I had to pay O'R prices them.

Well said. I've been making an effort to catch their sale, but I've missed it for the last 3 years.

You cannot miss their monthly bargains when you sign-up at their website for their sales emails.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

Here, I didn't even know they had NAPA Gold sales, until I stumbled across one. They don't advertise the special, either. I've never seen it in their Canadian literature, but I stumbled across it last year and got some 7356 ones at under $5 a piece. NAPA is strange up here. At regular price, they sell the Platinum for my car for cheaper than the Gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back